1,584 results
All reviewslagoon viewclub accessbeautiful hotelrooms are greatbarra beachtourist sitesclub roombeach hoteldepending on trafficnespresso machineconcierge teamnice balconyfour seasonsrooms are modernbeach servicerestaurants and barsmini bar
Reviewed October 16, 2017

the team in the lobby and the restaurant very good attitude and they are worried for helping , however , almost all of days i had to call for shampoo or conditioner and sometimes the room is not vacuumed.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank rjaramill0
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt for a conference. As a hotel, it was great:
- The hotel is very new and modern, it's even building 2 additional towers
- The rooms are fairly large, with nice balconies. Everything is very modern, the toiletries are local and among the best I've seen in a hotel
- The service is excellent (with one big problem: Few people speak English or even Spanish).
- The food was excellent. Breakfast was plentiful and with lots of option. And all of the lunches we had tasted great and had a nice variety. Don't know about the prices of the food since it was covered by the conference.
- The spa was top notch. Free sauna access, lockers and showers, and a full and complete gym.
- The pool was relaxing and it was heated.
Some drawbacks:
- Communication was very difficult, more than I expected in an international city like Rio.
- Wifi was spotty at best. It would disconnect often, and it was slow. But it was free.
- There wasn't a lot of facilities. 2 restaurants, the pool, the spa, gym, and a small kiosk.
- To get to the beach, you had to exit the hotel, cross the street and walk to the lounge chairs, but it was not as easy as I'd like. And the water was freezing!

The biggest drawback was that it was fairly far from most tourist attractions. It's in the middle of Barra de Tijuca, a trendy neighborhood with good shopping 10 minutes away. But Pan de Azucar and Corcovado are an hour away, as is the airport, and Copacabana is 30+ minutes away.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of th epool/beach, and close to the elevator
3  Thank E_Panama
Reviewed October 12, 2017

It was a nice stay, once again my needs were met and the hotel services was amazing as always. Hotel restaurants are really good and above the avarage in comparison with the ones in the nearby area. Really wait for the next visit

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Reviewed October 11, 2017

This hotel is lovely , rooms are great, modern and comfortable. It’s on the beach with the river behind . It feels very safe and still has the beach bars along the beach edge. The hotel has 3 restaurants and a bar. Close by off the main road is a little coffee shop which selves cake , fruit ,drinks etc.
The hotel pool is stunning with plenty of sun loungers also a call bell at each chair to call for waitress service

Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

After staying at the Grand Hyatt Rio few months back, I was counting the days till my next trip to Rio. I and my daughter were eager to stay at the Grand Hyatt Rio again and experience the world class hospitality.
After our 16hrs flight we were exhausted. But the moment we arrived to the hotel, we were surrounded by familiar faces of Tiego from reception, Tong, Felipe and Caio from Concierge team. I could have written a whole poem about the outstanding service provided by every single staff of the hotel. It did not matter whether we wanted to book a tour or spa treatment, the Grand Hyatt staff was always ready to help. Tong from Concierge Team went out of his way to make sure, that we were looked after. This was my daughter's first trip to Brasil and she just fallen in love with this Magical place.
The hotel is very modern and has many hidden corners if you decide to have a moment of a Total Tranquillity.
The restaurants serve excellent food. Sandro from Canto Gastro Lounge served the best Caipirinha in the world. The hotel has arranged a driver for us. If you ever need a driver while in Rio - ask for Clement, who speaks excellent English and knows what the safe driving is about. He is very adorable.
Grand Hyatt will always be my first choice in Rio!!!
Loved every minute of my stay here!!!
Thank you for the Great Service !

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Bruno B, Director of Guest Experience at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Alex,
Thank you so much for your kind words. I will share with my colleagues Thiago, Tong, Felipe, Caio, Sandro and Clemente all your comments. I am glad to read you loved our Caipirinha, our experienced bar tender prepares it with a selection of the best Brazilian Cachaças. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rio. I would recommend you to stay during New Year Eve or Carnival, quintessential events in the city for another extraordinary experience with your family. The city is full of attractions on those dates!

Bruno Belletti