“Great place to eat in Ipanema”
Review of Gula Gula

Gula Gula
Ranked #236 of 13,893 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Brazilian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have eaten there many times and just love the place. The atmosphere is great and the food is fantastic!
I always go to the one in Ipanema as it is close to where I stay.
I highly recommend the place!

2  Thank MaileAguerre

Reviewed April 8, 2013

It was the size of the dinner plate, filled with strips of tender grilled meat, carmelized onions, and topped with a cream cheese sauce that was just the right consistency. It was one of the most heavenly things I've ever eaten. Our server was polite and didn't mind our limited Spanish. The white on white decor was subtle and sophisticated and we ate outside by candlelight under the canopied patio. Does Rio get any better than this?

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Gula Gula is a Rio classic. Great salads, finger foods and dishes with twists. I would go to the one at Shopping Lagoon - the new restaurant and cinema complex at Lagoa. Cause there you have the splendid view which matches the price of the food, IMO. I've been there a lot due to event work during Rio+20 and it is def recommendable.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Went here for lunch during a recent trip to Rio. It is in a beautiful building, with a very open and airy feeling. This seemed to be a popular, classier lunch spot for locals. Few of the staff spoke English, but they did have English menus available. We were able to find what we wanted on the English menu, and then point to it on the Portuguese menu. We enjoyed the pasta with gorgonzola sauce and walnuts and the pesto chicken salad. They also have great fresh juices, like all of Rio.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Best salad in rio.
Love this place! The desserts are huge and delicius.
There are in many diferent adresses.