“Creativity meets freshness”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leblon
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Carefully chosen ingredients, surprising combinations, perfect executions
Get a spot at the balcony, have a glass of champagne while you wait for your table.
I went for the octopus, cooked to perfection. Nice (and fairly priced) wine selection. Waiters well trained.
Expensive? Well, it is not a pizza bar. Expect long waitings during dinner time. And enjoy!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Amazing. Everyone i take there LOVES IT. The food and the ambiance are super sophisticated, the service is great and the drinks stiff! I recommend it for a great night with your partner or friends!

1  Thank Vivi_rojas
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant is simply on my top ten lists now. My husband and parents decided to visit Zuka restaurant this past Saturday night for celebrating my mom’s birthday. Zuka certainly did not disappoint us with their service, menu, taste and presentation. When we reached there we were greeted at the door and quickly escorted to the table and thank god we got the table easy because soon the restaurant was packed! .
So our server came over right away and filled our water glasses and gave us an overview of the menu. He was very friendly and helpful as we made our dinner selections. We decided on the steak tartar for appetizer and scallops with truffled oil. Steak tartar is perfect thing to order for appetizers and this makes my mouth water just remembering it. My husband loves scallops and after having it at zuka he loves it more I think and whereas for me and my parents we liked it a lot. The meal overall was yummy and was enjoyed by everyone. We also wanted to try the desserts, but we were too full. But we will definitely come back to enjoy another delicious meal soon. It was a great birthday for me to spend time and have delicious food.
If not for Rio for partiers we would not have got to know this amazing restaurant have a great family time. But people be warned its better if you make reservations and if you don’t have reservations then visit at 830pm.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been trying out all possible restaurants in Ipanema and Leblon for last few months. Zuka happened to be a pleasant surprise. We skipped waiting list and sat by chefs bar and enjoyed watching chefs art work. Our meals had unique taste which was delicious and refreshing. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

After reading some of the reviews from here about Zuka, I decided to eat there while I was in Rio. Me and my friend arrived at Zuka around 7 pm for 7:15 reservations, however, we were not seated until 7:30. Our server, Ana, was nice and suggested the Foie Gras with meringue for appetizer, which my friend ordered. I choose to have the steak tartar (which was fabulous) and we decided to share the seared tuna with palm heart noodles. It took a while for us to get our food, but still came out fresh and tasted good. After, we ate, we moved to the bar area, where we could see the chefs cooking at the grilled.
Overall, this place was fantastic. Our server was attentive and the food was very creative and delicious, but be warned: Make reservations, unless you don't mind waiting an hour for a table. Also if you are looking for more of a "fun" crowd, sit in the bar area, the restaurant area is more family-oriented.