“Excellent fusion in Rio”
Review of Zuka

Zuka
Ranked #67 of 13,959 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Leblon
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We have been trying out all possible restaurants in Ipanema and Leblon for last few months. Zuka happened to be a pleasant surprise. We skipped waiting list and sat by chefs bar and enjoyed watching chefs art work. Our meals had unique taste which was delicious and refreshing. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

After reading some of the reviews from here about Zuka, I decided to eat there while I was in Rio. Me and my friend arrived at Zuka around 7 pm for 7:15 reservations, however, we were not seated until 7:30. Our server, Ana, was nice and suggested the Foie Gras with meringue for appetizer, which my friend ordered. I choose to have the steak tartar (which was fabulous) and we decided to share the seared tuna with palm heart noodles. It took a while for us to get our food, but still came out fresh and tasted good. After, we ate, we moved to the bar area, where we could see the chefs cooking at the grilled.
Overall, this place was fantastic. Our server was attentive and the food was very creative and delicious, but be warned: Make reservations, unless you don't mind waiting an hour for a table. Also if you are looking for more of a "fun" crowd, sit in the bar area, the restaurant area is more family-oriented.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Zuka was one of the highlights of our stay and has the best tasting food in Rio. We made a reservation for two, and our friends who had visited previously recommended we sit at the bar. I'm glad we did - it turned out to be the heart and soul of the fun! I had the lovely seared tuna with palm heart noodles and my girlfriend had the same. It was delicious! We found Zuka on Tripadvisor and then friends we met on holiday said it was a must - they were right!

1  Thank ilovemoosejuice
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We arrived at around 9:30pm on a Saturday night and had to wait about 30min to be seated (they had originally said 50min). The food and wine were excellent. A real standout was the Foie gras Experience we had as a appetizer.
The place had a very fun vibe, we saw a large family as well as several couples, younger and older, out for a date night. The place is pricey, but perfect for a romantic meal.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This restaurant is in the supposedly prime dining street in Leblon and I got the feeling that, having secured the site they felt they could just sitting back and let the money roll in. The tables were jammed way too close together to make this somewhere to go for a romantic evening or special occasion, and the food was pretty average. Given the touristy location I was surprised that none of the waiters spoke any English, and ordering drinks and a taxi afterwards proved challenging. After a while it felt like the waiters were avoiding us because of the language difficulties. The wines ordered to accompany both courses were both not available on the night.

So overall we left a little disappointed. If they left a bit more space between the tables and catered for English-speakers it would have been so much better.