“Sublime! GO GO GOOO”

Neighborhood: Ipanema
London, United Kingdom
“Sublime! GO GO GOOO”
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

we ate here on the recommendation of Lonely planet, and crumbs did it live up to its expectation.
The starters were nice, but it was all about the main courses. I had the salmon sashimi, and there was a lot of it. It sat in a wonderful gingery curry sauce and and big heap of tasty couscous. However, my girlfriend's meal stole the show. I think it was called Flambeed Scampi Risotto or something. A few HUGE shrimps, and I'm talking really big and juicy, and a lemon risotto. Simple, but absolutely divine. I'd go as far as to say one of the best meals I've tried in over 3 months of travelling the world so far.
For dessert the banana carpaccio brûlée was something new and delicious, and the devils chocolate cake was equally as tasty.
It was just a fantastic meal with fantastic service and waiters (English speaking too), and I would thoroughly recommend it. We will be returning for sure before the end of our trip to Rio for the shrimp and risotto again!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Augustuscalv

New York City, New York
“GREAT FOOD!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

A group of us went to Zaza for a late lunch and everyone had bites of everyones meals, everything was delicious! The best thing was the sea bass!

• Visited March 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best contemporanea food in Rio”
Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

It is a beautifull place in the middle of ipanema, next to the beach of ipanema. It is cozy place, you can eat seated on the floor or on the table. The food is delicious and diferrent of what you eat in rio, if you want to run away of picanha and beans and rice to there. Go there if you are in Rio you'll enjoy.

Adelaide, Australia
“Wonderful and eclectic dining”
Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We had a most enjoyable lunch at this local Ipanema icon.The setting is unique in a hotch botch of decor but it has a wonderful casual feel about it.
The staff are on the ball.
The food was great.... Different and very tasty.
We had the organic chicken & vegetable curry and a beef & beer stew. Both dishes were outstanding.
Up stairs one has to take your shoes off to walk on the grass.
Prices are very reasonable.
Just go and enjoy.

Visited May 2014
Rome, Italy
“Amazing place! One of the best place in Ipanema/Copacabana”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

I've been there with my girlfriend 2 weeks ago. We didn't reserve the table but we found the last one available. I suggest to book before going.
We took 4 cocktails con vodka, 2 starters, two main dishes and 1 cake for 300 reis! Amazing dinner! Little expensive but it was really a great place! I recommend it to everybody!

• Visited April 2014