“Unforgetable experience”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Our dinner at Zaza was much better than my expectations! Many people told me about how nice it was, but I could never imagine I would find such a pleasant place, in every sense. The food is delicious, creative and excellent value. Not expensive at all, comparing to the good restaurants in Rio. The atmosphere is friendly with its interesting decoration. Loved the phrases on the toilet's wall and the small chinese biscuit gift with the bill. The staff is dedicated and polite. We got a big table for the whole family and all of us 12 were well surprised. Definitely I do recommend and hope to come back soon. I wish I could find a similar place in Dubai!

1  Thank Tatiana S
There are newer reviews for Zaza Bistro Tropical

Reviewed October 29, 2012

We booked a meal, to sit on the balcony overlooking the street. Lucky we booked as this place was really popular, many were turned away. They had no half bottles of wine. The food was really good, if you like small portions, nicely presented, with plenty of flavour. I had toast with king prawns and squid, with a very nice dressing, then shredded lamb in a sauce, excellent, then a delicious pudding. The meal was however expensive.

1  Thank OldChap33
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Although not sure my title is correct, it is a great blend of Brazilian and 'other' cuisine. Excellent service, cozy atmosphere, and the food is amazing. I highly recommend this as place to eat when in the area.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This restaurant has been around for a while now. I make sure I have a meal or two there every time I go to Rio, which happens every couple of years. In about 12 years It has never disappointed me, or whoever I'm bringing with me. I think I must have tried the food of quite a few chefs over the years, but they were all mostly excellent. The decor is very unique, really full of character and atmosphere. The shishbarak qualifies as amazing and I hope they never ever take the chicken curry off the menu. But I know I found an outstanding restaurant when, no matter how much food I've already had, I feel tempted and undecided between two or three different desserts! Charming, delicious and very special.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

cozy and charming place with thai inspired food. lots of great vegetarian options. the drinks with vodka are specially good. in ipanema, one block from the beach.