We also stayed at Casa beleza as part of our honeymoon trip to Brazil. We arrived after having missed 2 nights sleep (1 in jungle and 1 travelling back from Manaus) and were so grateful to find such a beautiful house, lovely room and hot shower! We stayed in the loft which had great views out over the city.
Bindu was really welcoming and gave us helpful tips about her favourite places in Rio and how best to travel around. She also organised taxis from the house for us when needed, including an early one to the airport and sorted a breakfast for us to take away on that day which was a nice touch. On the other days we enjoyed excellent breakfasts in the garden before heading out into the city to explore.
We were so pleased to have chosen to stay in Santa Teresa - we had some reservations as our (slightly out of date ) guide book said that it can still be a bit dodgy, however we enjoyed walking around and sampling the local bars and restaurants. It is a great neighbourhood and quite different from the rest of Rio. We ate locally and ended up being sat next to Alicia Keys at our restaurant on one night! We went out to a samba bar in Lapa which was excellent, close proximity to Santa Teresa and was easy enough to get cab there and back. We had some problems getting a cab back from Sugarloaf to the neighbourhood - some taxis aren't keen on the hills so do ask a few if the first ones won't take you and make sure they're on the meter rather than charging a fixed rate, as this will be over the odds.
We enjoyed Rio but definitely appreciated being in at Casa Beleza in Santa Teresa instead of staying in one of the big hotels on the beach, which aren't really our scene. So if you're after great service in a lovely house in a laid back neighbourhood this is the place for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our B&B is in an exotic mansion in the heart of Santa Teresa, Rio's historic and cultural district. Guests have to share the tropical gardens with the 3 turtles, butterflies and small monkeys! We are close to all the city's main attractions and the district of Lapa with Rio's best music and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Casa Beleza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Beleza Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Casa Beleza Rio De Janeiro, Brazil