“Tasty food and cool atmosphere”

Quiteria Restaurante
Reserve a table
Thu, 2/25
8:00 PM
Ranked #59 of 13,739 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Ipanema
Description: QUITÉRIA Located on leafy Rua Maria Quitéria, a cross street off Ipanema beach, the restaurant is specialised in Brazilian dishes that utilises fresh, local and seasonal ingredients, prepared by Chef Alejandra Maidana. The relaxed atmosphere of the restaurant, which was designed by local architect Bel Lobo, is a reference to the Tropical modernism Era, with comfortable chairs by award winning designer Sérgio Rodrigues. The site specific installation created by visual artist Gisele Camargo draws attention to the open plan kitchen, where the dishes are finalised. It is an experience of its own. DRINKS The QUITÉRIA offers a concise but sophisticated wine list, that will pair to your choice of dishes harmoniously. Here you are able to enjoy classic cocktails prepared by our bar attendants, who are masters in classic and signature caipirinhas made with fresh fruits from this season.
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

Except for the traditional restaurants where you’ll have a classic dishe like “File a Oswaldo Aranha”, for example, it’s (in my opinion) not so easy to find restaurants in Rio that are approaching food in, let’s say, a trendy-conceptual kind of way. And even harder to find (again, my personal taste) tasty food and a great experience! This place has a concept and clearly a passion for the new, you can see (yes, the kitchen is open) that there’s a chef dedicated to the challenge of balancing new, taste, and sustainability (small, smart, and colorful menu). And they don’t price it insanely, like I see so unjustified in so many places in town. Very happy to have found this place.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank CamillaR755
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2019

Dear Customer,

It was a joy to welcome you here at QUITÉRIA and to know that we were surprised by our menu and service!
Your compliments were conveyed to the staff who appreciates the kindness!
Our menu has the concept of Brazilian gastronomy, with flavors that rescue memories and are sustainable. We work predominantly with local and organic produce to always offer fresh dishes at a fair and attractive cost-benefit!
We will be happy to see you here very soon!
Gabriela Oliveira

Write a reviewReviews (865)

Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

We ate fish of the day and the chicken. dont recommend it for dinner.
Drinks were great (2 for 1 from 18-20) and breakfast was good.

Date of visit: February 2019
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2019

Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing with us your impressions of your recent visit to Quitéria.
We were very happy to hear that our happy hour drinks and lunch pleased you! Thank you for recommending.
We would like to know what exactly did not please you in the a la carte dishes so we can revise and adjust. Feel free to contact us by e-mail quiteria@ipanemainn.com.br

Reviewed February 28, 2019 via mobile

Had lunch with friends at this restaurant. Everything was fresh and delicious. A beautiful buffet that focuses on ingredients and excelente cooking. Definitely worth a visit. Great Brazilian food.

Dear Customer,
Many thanks for sharing your experience on a recent visit to QUITÉRIA!
We were very happy to hear that our lunch service pleased you! The proposal of our lunch buffet is to bring preparations that inspire memories of the home cooking, the mother, the grandmother, that is, the Brazilian cuisine. For this, we work mainly with Brazilian products, predominantly organic and local producers, so that we always have a fresh menu to offer and daily with a vegetarian option.
Many thanks again for your visit and recommendation.
We look forward to your next visit!
With the best wishes,

Reviewed February 27, 2019

I stayed at Ipanema Inn, the hotel above the restaurant for two years in a row and the experience war really good. This year we decided to try something else, in a different part of the city.
Being nostalgic we wanted to grab a coffee at Ipanema Inn's restaurant Quiteria.
Unfortunately the experience was bad, really bad. The guy in charge of all the waiters, a 30 something guy, with perfect English came personally to serve us. He treated us with total dis contempt, I felt like I didn't belong there, he was arrogant and almost seemed annoyed with our presence.
My phone's battery was running really low and I had the USB cable but not the entire charger and asked if we could find a place where to charge my phone. I was told that there is no USB port available in the entire restaurant or hotel reception where I could charge my phone. When leaving, coming from the toilet I saw that the hotel lobby has a computer for the guests to use if they want to check for things online. The computer wasn't being used, was just sitting there. So disappointed with this guy, hope the management does something about him. Really ruins the vibe.

Date of visit: February 2019
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2019

Dear customer,
Thank you for sharing your impressions of your recent visit to Quitéria. We were happy to know that our space pleased you.
We regret that the service offered did not match our standard so much appreciated and praised by numerous clients here on Tripadvisor. We offer constant training to our employees so that we can always be reviewing and improving our services in order to guarantee a positive and unforgettable gastronomic experience for those who visit us. All feedback from our clients is taken into consideration and we are reviewing and taking steps to ensure that wrong postures such as these do not recur.
Thank you again for taking the time to write to us.

Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

We were staying at the Sofitel which is at the end of the street and walked past this place a couple of times so decided one
Morning to go for breakfast. The food was sensational and full of flavour! Unfortunately there had been a tropical storm (which we got caught out in) a couple of days prior so that day they were short staffed with a full restaurant so Edson (the manager) and Leandra were very stressed out but still made sure they gave service with a smile. In fact Edson was so upset at not being able to give a 5 star service (even though we were super happy!) he gave us our breakfast for free in hope that we’d return which we promised we would. Well, we did return for lunch a couple of days later and wow! The variety and local dishes on offer at the lunch buffet are full of flavour, fresh and mouthwatering. Edson gave us a dish by dish explanation and in his words “thank you for coming back. I love hospitality as I like to see people happy. If you’re happy I can go home happy so I’m so glad to have you back”.
Edson is an absolute gem and his attention to detail, friendliness and attentiveness goes over and above anything I’ve experienced in most places I’ve eaten.

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough!!!!

Date of visit: February 2019
Quiteria_Restaurante, Gerente at Quiteria Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2019

Dear Alex,
We are very grateful to receive your evaluation. Feedback from our customers is always very welcome and fundamental so that we are always improving and checking our standards.
Edson and Leandra were flattered and thrilled by their endearing words and thanked the compliments. We had embezzled in the team as a result of the heavy rains the day before his visit and so we were reduced. But it is a pleasure to know that the effort of the team was perceived and maintained the sympathy even in the face of adversity.
Our breakfast and lunch are buffet style with predominantly organic products from locally produced and genuine Brazilian producers so that we can always offer fresh gastronomy and we can encourage the economy and small local producers.
Thank you for recommending Quitéria!
We hope to see you here soon!