My wife and I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights during the Carnival season 2013. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and serviced us in English particularly by Alana who was an ever smiling. We had our room at the back with a view of pools from the balcony. The room was rather small with two beds but it was on the quiter side and away from the very busy highway next to the hotel, so we did not mind. The room price included breakfast, which was very good with plenty of food and well serviced by the staff. The breakfast room was located next to the pools and in lush green trees and vegetation setting. We had some housekeeping problems which were resolved very promptly. Communication with the housekeeping staff can be challenging.
The hotel is situated in Barra Area in South Zone. The whole set up reminded me of Florida. The hotel was in a very secure and safe area. It is a bit far from the airport, City and other well known tourist attractions such as Copacabana, Ipanema and Leblon beaches, Christo the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf peak, etc. A taxi will cost between R$ 60 to100 to most of these places. We explored all areas of Rio.by a superb bus and Metro system that we found the most convenient, cheap and fast way. One can take a bus on a scenic route to Ipanema and then continue on the Metro to anywhere in the City for a total cost of R$4.75. The city buses to almost all locations can be boarded not far from the hotel.
There is a shopping Mall on the opposite side of the highway but for groceries one has to walk to EXTRA super market about 400 m away. A bautiful beach is only 15 minutes walk and a ferry crossing. Ask for complimentary ferry crossing cards at the front desk.
Our flight departure was early in the morning. The front desk arranged for our wake-up call, taxi and advance breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a privileged location, at the beginning of Barra da Tijuca, Next to Itanhangá Golf Club and to the shopping centers Downtown and Cittá America, the hotel offers ferry service to the beach and has Rooms and suites with modern decor and cozy atmosphere. It also offers a complete leisure area with swimming pool, sauna And gardens, as well as function rooms with all the infrastructure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Promenade Paradiso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Promenade Paradiso Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Promenade Paradiso Rio De Janeiro, Brazil