“room was ok and staff tried to help” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Promenade Paradiso
Ranked #140 of 280 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Rugby, United Kingdom
“room was ok and staff tried to help”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

we stayed during the carival. It was a bit far from the airport and all the attractions. Tour companies will not pick up from this hotel. Staff cannot speak good english. Very good swimming pool and room was good size and clean. There is a good shopping centre nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Colnbrook
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is a fairly good hotel, located in the Barra District of Rio.
It is not located by the Beach, but along the main road of Avenida das Americas.
The hotel rooms are very large and spacious, with tiled floors.
My room had a small kitchenette.
TV is provided with a cable box, with a range of TV stations, some are in English.
The bathrooms are well maintained and the showers work very well.
Wifi is provided, but it does not work in all rooms, the staff kindly moved me into another room, when I stopped receiving wifi signal in my room.
The hotel has all the basic amenities for a business traveller but does feel a touch bland, however this should not deter the holidaying travellers.
The bed is always an important consideration for me and the
Opposite the hotel is a small shopping complex, with shops and restaurants. A 10 min trip up the road can get you to the Barra Shopping mall.
It is possible to walk to the beach from the hotel in 15-20 mins.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing towards the pool, you're less likely to have mosquitoes entering into the h...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2012 via mobile

I stayed only 1 night for business purpose.
The good: people were very nice and kind, breakfast was quite good.
The bad: room was very small. Beds were two single small and it was bit unconfertable to my opinion. Maybe it's because I used to queen or king bed, not single.l. I did not in single bed since I was 17 years old.

I would recommend to book this hotel if price will be a bit cheaper and getting bigger bed.

Stayed March 2012
Belo Horizonte, MG
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2012

I am always going to Rio for business or work but it was my very first time at Barra district, as I have always stayed around Ipanema or Copacabana.
I must say that I really really liked this hotel.
First: the swimming pool. What is that? The BEST swimming pool of Rio. You can stay until late at night, the water is very good, there is a jacuzi next to it, its a very big pool, one you won't find in other hotels in Copa or Ipanema...you won't want to leave it, believe me.
Second: I found the staff to be very very polite and helpful, anything I wanted I got it. I had a problem with the air conditioning of my room and they've immediately changed my room. The guys at the reception would always give me towels to the pool and give me information about my way around in Barra. So you know, I have just arrived in the hotel late at night, the night service was closed, but still they prepared a very tasty cheese and ham sandwich with fries for me. They could have told me no, but they didn't. Thumbs up.
My room is very spacious, I have a balcony out and its surrounded with trees, which I love. My bed is huge, the bathroom is great, with lots os specialties. No complaints.
I noticed they have internet in the lobby, but I can't say if you have to pay or not, as I am using my own. This way, I can't tell if they have wireless or not.
Breakfast was delicious, lots of fruits and other palstry, loafs, eggs, yougurt, etc. I have been here for 4 nights now and I'm always anxious for breakfast.
The hotel is right in front of "Downtown" commercial center and near lots of restaurants in Barra. If you are a tourist looking for the Rio scenarios(corcovado, sugar loaf, etc), probably this is not the place for you, just like other hotels in Barra. Still, it wouldn't be a problem. I've spoken to lots of tourists that were at this hotel and visiting the best attractions of Rio. If you don't want the hustle and bustle of Copacabana and Ipanema you can easily stay in Barra, at this hotel, just like many others prefered. If you have a car, there are planty of parking spots in the hotel, so easy...
The hotel is nearby Barra beach, a very beautiful and cleaner beach than Copacabana and Ipanema. Most of tourists only pay attention to Copa or Ipanema, but the fact is that we brazilians, do not appreciate Copa very much as its too croweded, mixed...messy...Ipanema and Leblon, in my opinion are better, but Barra and Recreio beaches are also very very very nice.Get a map so you can visit it, its worth it.
If you are in a business trip around Barra, you should stay here. If you are in a business trip in Rio, you can stay here too!
I do not agree with some negative posts about this hotel, I can't believe some people in tripadvisor sometimes.
I'm a traveller and I have posted several posts about hotels all around the world. This is a very good hotel, much cheaper compared to those OLD hotels in Copacabana. Its a quiet hotel, you will have a great night of sleep.
By car or cab it only takes 15 min to Ipanema and 20 to Copa, so whats the problem with staying here. People are too spoiled and only want to stay in Copa, but now that I found this hotel, Copa no more for me lol.
I'm going back to Rio next month for business and I'll stay here for sure.
Nationalities I've seen in the hotel: Americans, French, Colombians, Argentinians, Spanish, Portuguese.
You will have a great time here.
My new hotel in Rio.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms turned to the pool, its a great view.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank DeMarco10
Brasilia, DF
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

The hotel is good, new, clean, fairly good breakfast and vicinity. The staff on the other hand did not charge me correctly for minibar comsumption, even though I assured the items used .. careful about the bill. The fitness center opens too late.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BRAZIL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2011

This hotel is my home in Rio de Janeiro since its opening.
It´s well located in Barra da Tijuca, close to good shopping malls and restaurants. Not the best place to stay if you are a first time tourist and want to go to Copacabana and Ipanema beaches and the other famous attractions of Rio (Cristo, Pão de Açúcar, etc). In my opinion this is a hotel more for people that go often to Rio and already know their way around and, even better, if you have a rented a car.
The hotel is nice, clean and convenient. Nice breakfast, pool and sauna. The gym is not so good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

We stayed in one of the smaller rooms. It was small indeed. The beds were twin beds and there was practically no room to move around. The shower took forever to heat up.

The grounds are pretty nice. Also, the hotel is on a very busy road, so you will hear the traffic at all hours.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family