I only had 40 hours in Rio and I was travelling on my own I wanted somewhere easy, safe and friendly. I also wanted somewhere I could organise some trips from. I got all this from the Mango Tree - I booked a single room, which was perfectly adequate. I was able to leave my luggage safely for the whole day even after I'd checked out which was SO useful! There was a pleasant area to sit and relax and it was not far from shops and the beach. Breakfast was enjoyable and perfectly adequate - fresh fruit and cereal and fresh bread.
I was totally satisfied by my brief time there - it wasn't a larhe place, but it had all I required! It was also great to go somewhere where my lack of Portuguese wasn't an issue. I received good advice about trips and I thoroughly enjoyed the one I did which took me round the sights I'd hoped to see. If back in Rio I'd probable go back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in one of the best spots in Rio, just a block away from the world famous Ipanema beach, the Mango Tree recently hosted the bronze medal winning rowers, and sailors, of the Norwegian Olympic team for Rio2016, and offers a relaxing place to sleep, meet other travellers, and taste a chilled caipirinha. At our hostel you will find the comforts of a guest house (sprung mattresses, 100% cotton sheets, towels, a real Brazilian style breakfast that includes cereal, granola, papaya, watermelon, bananas, bread rolls, white and brown bread, ham, cheese, jam, yogurt, fresh cake, fresh juice, coffee, hot chocolate, local tea, Twinings English Breakfast and one hot option per day. Also Marmite and Vegemite when available, and our famous gas heated power showers) coupled with the warm welcome and atmosphere of a backpacker hostel. Ipanema is a safe residential district within easy reach of the Sugar Loaf and Corcovado. As well as the beach, it offers a wide range of bars and restaurants to suit all budgets, and plenty of shopping opportunities such as the weekly Sunday Hippie Market. The Mango Tree is based in a newly renovated 1930's colonial style house in a quiet residential area. It has 13 private rooms (2 triple, 2 twin, 10 with en-suite, all air-conditioned), 30 dorm beds, and all the facilities to make your stay with us the most memorable of your trip. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Mango Tree Hostel Ipanema reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mango Tree Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Mango Tree Hostel Ipanema Rio De Janeiro, Brazil