1,643 results
All reviews ipanema beach rooftop pool amazing pool ocean front five star hotel sao paulo first floor amazing hotel sea view concierge service reception desk beach service the location is perfect felt very safe londra starck rio
Reviewed October 4, 2017

I really enjoyed the stay at this hotel. The personnel were always smiling, helping, and at hand when needed. The rooms are really comfortable, clean, nice view. Ay the beach, I always felt protected and the staff where always there for any need I had. The pool is beautiful and warm, nice views.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
1  Thank veronicasevilladec
CristianaKastrup-GM, Gerente geral at Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2018

Dear Ms. Sevilla,

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your visit to the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro.

It is always a pleasure to receive a positive feedback from a valuable guest. Thank you so much for your kind words. Your comment has been conveyed to our team, who felt really encouraged by your compliments.

As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro continuously strives to meet and exceed your needs and expectations and it is remarkably rewarding when our guests can feel our attention to detail and our genuine desire to provide an excellent experience.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Hotel Fasano and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was on the small side but well appointed. The bed and linens were comfortable and the shower was awesome - like a deluge! The A/C worked great and the Hotel was immaculately clean. The location at the east end of Ipanema was beautiful and convenient to other areas we visited. But by far the best part of the experience was the service. Everyone on the staff seemed to know our names and were eager to share suggestions and stories. The concierge was so helpful with getting us reservations in some great restaurants. The rooftop pool bar was beautiful and well kept with great drinks and food service. The sunset from there was amazing. And all the staff spoke English - many fluently. Yes the Hotel was expensive but if you are looking to splurge this is a winner. We will get back there someday we hope!!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larry S

Dear Mr. Larry,

Thank you again for sharing your impressions and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

Great hotel with extremely friendly people everywhere, food in the restaurant is fantastic (even the breakfast!). Pool is a nice add-on with a beautiful view. Super located. Miles ahead of the Copacabana Palace.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with The Leading Hotels of the World
1  Thank W6589EGsebastianb

It is remarkably rewarding when our guests can feel our attention to detail and our genuine desire to provide an excellent experience.

Reviewed September 25, 2017 via mobile

We were very disappointed with our stay at The Fasano. Given its reputation (and the price!) we had really been looking forward to our time here. Unfortunately the hotel failed to deliver in almost every category.

The service during our stay was very patchy and generally indifferent - by way of example, it took an unnecessarily long time for us to even be acknowledged (let alone served) at check in, and the hotel's response to our concerns about our very loud air conditioning unit was "turn it off". Our room was very noisy - a combination of road noise, noise from the hotel's nightclub, and that noisy air conditioning. The breakfast was average, and we couldn't even get a table at the restaurant for dinner.

On the plus side, the rooms looked great and the view from the rooftop bar was lovely. But overall, this was at best a three star hotel experience at a five star price. You can certainly do better in a wonderful town like Rio.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul W
CristianaKastrup-GM, Gerente geral at Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2017

Dear Mrs. Trocino,

I am sorry for not having achieved your expectations and the high level quality in service that we strive for regarding our food and beverage service. Rest assured that we, at the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro, highly value our customers and that your feedback is analyzed and taken into consideration. It is only through constructive comments and feedback that we can monitor and improve our services and facilities.

Please let me know when your travel plans bring you back to Rio de Janeiro so I can guarantee you an upgrade here at the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro, depending on our availability and excluding our high demand periods as hollydays, @rio@fasano.com.br.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed September 8, 2017

This was the fifth time I've stayed at the Fasano. The hotel is beautiful and the location is great. The front desk staff is wonderful, very responsive. The restaurant/bar is really fun at night and the breakfast is great. The pool is one of the nicest pools I've been to and the views are breathtaking. While we were there we noticed the service at the pool has really deteriorated and was really in need of improvement. Thomas (pool manager) did a great job but there were many issues: #1) it takes FOREVER to get a drink or bottle of champagne. We ordered bottles of rose and other drinks and sometimes it would take 20 minutes for us to get the drinks even though the bar is 30 feet away #2) the wait staff would serve you a drink and then they'd disappear for 45 minutes and you had to flag someone down to get another drink. To the hotel manager: why don't you have the servers wait on the same person each time, this way the customer has the same server all day. When I eat at a restaurant, I'm not waited on by 5 different servers, I'm always waited on by the same server...you need to do the same thing at the fasano. It was really annoying to have to flag down a different person each time to get a drink. I want to have the same server who knows my name, my room number and what I've been drinking so he/she can offer me another of the same drink #3) there are no "amenities" at the pool. For example, when i stay at other luxury hotels, the pool will have an area where you can fill a glass with ice water, get a cold towel, and there will be a table where the hotel provides guests with suntan lotion. Even in miami at less expensive hotels, servers periodically walk around the pool and serve frozen strawberries, frozen grapes, pieces of cold melon, a popsicle, etcetera to guests...at the fasano pool, you get NOTHING even though you're paying $700/night for a room. For a long time, Fasano was the best hotel in Rio and I get the impression that the mgmt feels like they don't have to try hard anymore. I've had quite a few friends who have stayed at the Emiliano and they have said the service at the pool is impeccable. The location of the fasano is way better than the emiliano so while I'll stay loyal to the Fasano, it would be nice to see the service level improve to where it used to be. I'll be staying at the fasano again this winter and I really hope the hotel improves the pool service by then. I'm going to give the Fasano one more chance and if the service hasn't improved then I will say "goodbye fasano", and "hello emiliano." I just can't pay $700/night for a room and have poor service at the pool.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank markabb0tt
CristianaKastrup-GM, Gerente geral at Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Mr. Mark,

Rest assured that we, at the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro, highly value our guests and that your feedback is analyzed and taken into consideration, as it is only through it that we can constantly improve and adapt our services and facilities.

As a member of The Leading Hotels of the World, the Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro continuously strives to meet and exceed your needs and expectations and I can assure you that many changes have been made since your last stay.

Thank you again for sharing your impressions, and I look forward to serving you again in the future.