Hotel Fasano Rio de Janeiro
Ranked #5 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I always stay here. I come to rio at least once a year. The view from the pool is great. The music in bareto londra the hotels bar is fantastic. I love it. (house music) but this hotels provides generally poor service and is still succesful because the hotel choice in rio is so limited. The pool staff are great. Everyone else hardly says hello. We had a sea view room, its nice but small. As i said, normally i stay here because the choices are so bad in this city, but this time i split my stay between here and copacabana palace. Once u visit copacabana palace u realise how u have been treated like a mug at the fasano, so poor service is not just a brazilian thing. The service does not compare. Yes location is not as good but get a cab. Fasano is a hotel where they dont care if u enjoy ur stay. The food is expensive and awful. The cocktails are the same and the icing on the cake is charging for wifi. Go have a coffee in a small cafe in brazil its free. Go to a pousada (guest house) on a remote island its free. At fasano? No way. These guys could get blood from a stone. I dont mind paying money for something thats worth it but i hate been ripped off and i always get this feeling here. Im leaving copacabana palace today on top of the world. Next time il be staying at CP for sure. I recomend u do the same.

• Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank Sean180183
Write a ReviewReviews (1,525)

Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Location is perfect with a beautiful view of the rooftop pool overlooking the Ipanema beach. Beautiful rooms, stylish yet functional. Very comfortable bed. I was most impressed with the housekeeping. I checked in very late at 11 pm and basically was in a hurry to open my luggage. Dropped it somewhere in the middle of the room. The next day it was arranged in a much better location so that I can walk into my ocean front suite with an uninstructed view. So thoughtful! The staff at the reception and concierge were friendly, formal but not in a stuffy way. The restaurant fasano al mare is not that good but I must say the beauty of the room is worth a visit. Very impressed!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I absolutely LOVED Hotel Fasano!!! The hotel itself is beautiful! I loved every single aspect of the design of the hotel from the lobby sitting area to the bathroom off of the lobby, the hallways to the rooms, the room itself (and I only had a normal garden view room, I can't imagine how beautiful the suites and beach view rooms are!!). The roof pool and the view from the roof is AMAZING (and only available to hotel guests)!! I visited another hotel's pool area (that was open to the public) and it was only on the 4th floor, it didn't come close to the Fasano. Every detail of the hotel was absolutely wonderful down to the showers, towels, and washcloths.

Now let's move on to how completely amazing the staff is at the Fasano. They are unbelievable, I have never had such a wonderful experience at a hotel. The second I arrived, the door guy who met me got my name and I was called by name by everyone at the hotel for the rest of my stay. I was traveling by myself and everyone had made me very nervous about traveling alone as a woman in south america but I've never felt so welcome and comfortable. A lot of the staff spoke great English but even the staff members that didn't speak perfect English made an effort to communicate and were SO friendly. I didn't want to leave. When I arrived, a member from Guest Relations took me to my room and when we got to my room he determined it wasn't up to hotel standards and immediately moved me to another room (the second room was a bit cooler and smelled wonderful although I honestly probably would've been perfectly happy in the first room). This guest relations staff member, Thiago, was completely wonderful. He checked on me throughout my visit and assisted me whenever needed. The concierges were so lovely also. Francis helped me so much and made me feel so welcome and comfortable, he was amazing. He helped me with any questions I had about anything (I know this is what their job is but sometimes I find concierges seem annoyed and I never felt like I was bothering him). He helped me determine a tour to take to see the major tourist sites that turned out to be really great. They even wrote me Christmas cards before I left!!!! The servers on the roof were so nice too! They were very attentive. David was great! They all checked on me every day and asked about what I'd done and where I had gone. By the time I left I felt more like I had made friends. I cannot say enough about them.

The hotel has staff at the beach to setup chairs and umbrellas for you, to watch your things if you want to get in the water, handout towels and waters. It was really really nice and I felt completely safe.

My flight home wasn't until 10:30 PM. The hotel stored my luggage for me all day and even provided a place for me to shower and change as well as providing me access to the roof and pool all day. I thought this was wonderful!

I walked around a lot and looked at other hotels and I don't think there is anything better. I definitely thought Ipanema was nicer than Copacabana. I had such a great experience in Rio, I don't think I would have left feeling the same if I had stayed somewhere else.

STAY HERE!!!!!!! I hope I get a chance to go back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrea M
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Favorite hotel in Rio beautifully located directly on Ipanema beach on the edge of Leblon. Hotel is fun and trendy with a fantastic rooftop pool and bar. Staff are super friendly and helpful in my experience which may contrast with some other reviews. Food was excellent and the concierge did a great job helping us make some very good dinner reservations and plan and execute some day and side trips. Happy to return any time. I have also stayed AT&T he Copacabana which is another gem but AT&T he opposite end of the spectrum being much more formal and traditional. Both great hotels and you can't go wrong but the Fasano is your choice if you prefer something fun trendy and stylish.

Room Tip: Beachfront is worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

After staying at the Fasano in São Paulo we knew we were going to the beach and needed to adjust our expectations. Being neither Madonna nor super models, getting the staff's attention was a bit of a challenge. At times, it was clearly a language barrier, at others, it seemed like attitude. Having booked an ocean front room at full price thru a loyalty program months in advance, the first room had a partial ocean view and a view into another building. Skip this hotel if the tariff for an ocean view feels outrageous, which it is. However, even though the hotel was "fully booked", the staff, to its credit, found an ocean front room for us. Of course, we threatened to leave if they didn't. This experience kind of encapsulates this hotel, kinda like Tale of Two Cities. The rooftop bar and pool capture Ipanema's beauty in a way that is glorious. The room while very modern and sleek, is a bit odd, but watching the surf from the room's balcony is priceless. Massage was good but not like V's massage in São Paulo Fasano lacking soundproofing, the breakfast was generous, and sightseeing was well facilitated by the staff.
Dinner at Al Mare is reviewed separately. However, the usual niggle naggel over charging for the Internet, getting a newspaper delivered to the room, erroneous and abusive mini- bar charges, uncomfortable beach chairs, can't handle different last names, etc. All considered, can't imagine staying anywhere else in Rio. But who knows?

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank MMPPJLK
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

This is of second time at this hotel because we love the pool, the rooms with the small balconies, and the easiness it is to go and walk along the beach or go for a morning run. The breakfast is perfect simple and easy, lunch at the pool is a must as the views are magical, and a glass of wine on your private balcony looking over the beach is perfect. The service is nothing special, housekeeping takes forever to service rooms and the concierge is barely helpful as most of our so called reservations never were had by the restaurants.
Overall a great hotel that you and your loved one can enjoy

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jleahkaylor
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Beautiful and an excellent place for a vacation. The beach is absolutely gorgeous. The town or Rio is just what the pictures look like, wonderful thru and thru. Spent most of the time at the beach and just had so much fun. The food is excellent and they whole trip was well worth it.

Room Tip: Just stay at this motel. They are all good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple