“Unreal...A must for a honeymoon!”
Review of La Suite By Dussol

La Suite By Dussol
Ranked #11 of 340 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2012

By far the most incredible place ~ so rare...one of a kind. Stayed in the BLACK ROOM with the most unbelievable views. After a long trip from the US, this place was perfect! The bed is very comfy and the staff fantastic. The drinks at this venue are UNBELIEVABLE...seriously the best I have ever had! The FOOD of the charts good.
Breakfast ~ this is included and so special. One day had in our room & another in the main area which is still a treat.
Lunch ~ perfect portion for a snack
Dinner ~ A 100% must! The chef is super talented. I have never had lobster this good! Seriously the best meal I have had in years.
A huge thank you to the entire staff!!!
One note...No hot tub. Wish that could be added as it would have been nice. But other than that the place is so wonderful. I want to go back NOW!

Room Tip: We saw all of them...black, white, blue, yellow were my favorite
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank duckgirl24

Reviewed March 29, 2012

I just came back from my stay in La Suite and I can't wait to share my experience. I have been travelling a lot and I have to say it is one of the most wonderful place I have ever been in the world ! The owner of La Suite, François-Xavier, has made my stay unforgettable. He was here to help me with everything and to make me feel at home. Beyond the wonderful view, amazing swiming pool and room ( I stayed in the Yellow), the service and the food were just perfect. It is my understanding that the Chef is new and that lot of things have recently changed in the management though. The most difficult thing for me was to go out of La Suite and visit the city of Rio because you just want to stay by the pool and enjoy the amazing food!

Room Tip: All the rooms have an amazing view on the see with private terrace, so no worries they are all great...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scarlett G
Reviewed March 29, 2012

For our first trip to Rio with my wife what an amazing surprise we had when we arrived at La Suite and saw the view!!!
François-Xavier the owner welcomed us with the famous caipirinha and took care of us during the all stay giving us tips for visits, restaurants & night life...
We stayed in the White Suite that we loved, from our bed and the private terrace where we were taking breakfast the view was really breathtaking,
The day we arrived the new La Suite's chef Ricardo Hiltz made a special romantic dinner for us and it has been so far the best meal we had during our all stay in Brazil. The menu was a blind menu and the surprise was beyond expectation. La Suite's staff also was always very helpful and nice, we stayed the last 2 days whithout going out enjoying the infinity pool and the company of the other guests and it was like if La Suite was our home in Rio!
We loved Rio and for sure it wouldn't be the same if we had stayed in any other place...

Room Tip: The White Suite is amazing and we saw also the Black Suite which is their best room...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Hugo d
Reviewed January 4, 2012

we loved la suite for its awesome location, very private feel, beautiful nearby beach and overall service, but found that the hotel needs some improvements to return to its glory days: the design is immecable, but the pool peeling off, the room had an outstanding view, but needed repainting...overall, nothing can beat the views of rio from the infinity pool and the feeling that you live in your very private beverly hills type mansion...we would certainly return, hopefull we'll find it even more glamorous than this time around...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank beachloverPrinceton
Reviewed June 6, 2011

La Suite, has been reviewed and rated by some of the most renowned travel specialists in the world, so no doubt its got all the items on the good-boutique-hotel-checklist, but never mind the check-list, what they offer is so unique and personalized that you and your loved one will never forget the experience. La Suite is located in the Beverly Hill’s style neighborhood in praia de Joatinga, and they have 2 swimming pools, huge king size beds, amazing food, WIFI, TV, delicious bathtubs, and a spectacular view. The staff is amazing and will go above and beyond to suggest you great outings, schedule them, and make you feel right at home. There are only 7 uniquely decorated suites in the house-style built hotel, so you get a very personalized service, you might even make friends and never want to leave! Sign up for this trip, and if you’re not already madly in love, you will be after a few days in this paradise.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BrazilianGuru
Reviewed April 2, 2011

I pretty much agree with most of the reviews
The hotel is quite nice, nicely decorated and with an amazing view. Francois and Rodrigo are incredibly helpful and always give good recommendations.
I don`t find the location a problem as it`s only 10 minutes from Leblon, and have a very nice beach just minutes away. If you are not interested in crowds is the place to stay. If fact for me it`s and advantage
The breakfast is great and so is dinner, however I suggest you be careful and ask for prices. We didn`t and were charged 150 euros for a salad plus salmon dinner with no wine.
I would give the hotel a 10 if it wasn`t for the way the hotel is maintained. You see holes in the floor, some utilities not working and rooms were not cleaned properly. You feel the hotel needs some renovation. When we were there the pool was under renovation so I guess it will come little by little
Still our stay was great but it`s a petty that an amazing place with great staff is not properly maintained

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tedacuen
Reviewed February 7, 2011

For my wife’s birthday, I arranged a holiday in Rio at the end of January for ten days split between two boutique hotels, La Suite and La Maison. Both are owned and operated by two brothers, Francois and Jacques and one Brazilian college, Rodrigo. They started out with La Maison, then they developed La Suite and now a third hotel is in the making in the central part of the city.

La Suite is a ten minute drive from Ipanema by taxi south west from the city. It is situated in a nice closed street on the side of a hill that looks over the Rio and the sea. The view is beautiful/impressive at any time of the day from the breakfast terrace, the rooms and the swimming pool.

We started our ten days in the Blue Room of La Suite. Breakfast, occasional drinks and light meals were really tasty and well presented. There was no hurry in the morning for breakfast since there are only a few rooms in the villa. These meals were peaceful and private. There are not many places where you can enjoy breakfast with fresh fruits and croissants and look out over Rio, the sea under a clear blue sky. The four members of staff were really pleasant, discrete and helpful. Rodrigo was always on hand if we hit upon a language problem or needed something sorted.

My wife and I enjoyed the restaurants in Ipanema, Leblan and in Lapa. Rodrigo was a wealth of information about restaurants and places to visit. Because the hotel is small, like La Maison, it was fun meeting the other guests who were passing through Rio like us. These meetings were rather intensive which was a big plus compared to the big impersonal hotels.

We can honestly say that we enjoyed our stay there with a few reservations.

Yes, we did have some negative issues. The hotel is expensive by European and Asian standards at EUR 300 a night. For that price you can expect to have an outstanding room with top class furnishings and hotel facilities. It appears that this is not the case in Rio where prices are high in their summer season. The room was rather worn and had a noisy air-conditioner. The bathroom was adequate but certainly not up to our own European/Asian standards. The paint at the bottom and sides of the pool was peeling. There was no television or radio. That could be thought as being positive. The loaded iPod in each room was a nice touch. There were no problems getting a taxi between the City and La Suite, but we were beginning to tire from these trips if we had stayed longer than for nights. The traffic was heavy in the early evening in both directions. That was not really a problem for dinner in Ipanema, but for Lapa the Metro was an absolute necessity and that took time from La Suite.

My wife inadvertently left four rings in the room safe when we left. We called 2 hours later when we discovered that they were missing and three rings were recovered from the safe and returned to us. The hotel could not find the fourth ring. We accept our own carelessness but we were surprised that a valuable ring could vanish into thin air.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple