“The best we were looking for in RIO”

and 1 more site!
Rio Guest House ( Marta's Guest House)
Ranked #26 of 331 Rio de Janeiro B&B and Inns
Θεσσαλονίκη, Ελλάδα
“The best we were looking for in RIO”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

What type of traveler you are ??? If you are looking for a place to feel as an invited guest, in a Penthouse overlooking Copacabana, though very pieceful, clean, with rich home made tropical breakfast, and many more pleasant surprises organized by Marta (owner-housekeeper) then here you are.
I forgot to mention that the price charged is quite reasonable for the offered services, taking also into considaration that RIO is not a low budget destination.
As an experienced vacation/traveler I do recommend it, you may meet and know interesting people from different countries and caltures, that Marta carefully select !!! them in order to create a unique ambiance for a memorable vacation time.
Listen Marta, I donnot claim any payback for my comments. I just feel to say we are looking the day we will be back, to know more about Rio and not only...
George and Litsa Kont..... 22Nov-03Dec 2012
=

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sweden
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very good B&B in a perfect location at the Ipanema end of Copacabana with a fantastic view from the terrace of the whole bay. Our room was spacious and comfortable, with lots of storage: only slight hiccup was that our private bathroom was down a corridor, not en-suite, but that was a minor point compared with the rest. We can only agree with all the other reviewers - very friendly, welcoming ambience, nice breakfast, spotlessly clean everywhere, beautiful décor and superb terrace. Marta is very warm and helpful, and it was fun to meet the other guests. Would stay there again and wouldn't hesitate to recomend this great B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MartaRIO, Owner at Rio Guest House ( Marta's Guest House), responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Robert and Meg, it was a great pleasure to receive you at our Guesthouse. Thanks for the nice words and hope next time you will have a chance to stay in one of our Ensuite bathrooms. If you be in Rio after 2014 we will have many better surprises. Will be a great pleasure to receive you, your family and friends at our Guesthouse. I appreciate your review, thanks and warm reagards !
Sahuarita, Arizona
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Rio Guesthouse has breath taking views of Copacabana beach. Rooms are clean & spacious. Breakfast is included. The building has 24/7 security. Marta is the friendliest, most loving woman I've ever met. She will greet you with hugs + 1,000 kisses (True Brazilian experience). Marta is super attentive to your needs. She will make sure you’re eating well, your room is comfortable/clean, and she's great at putting together touristic packages to ensure your Brazil experience is nothing but the Best. **DO NOT MISS BREAKFAST** this will be the highlight of your day. Be prepared to sit and mingle with people from all over the world! At breakfast each morning we sat overlooking the ocean while eating sweet fresh Brazilian mangos, papaya, banana bread (must try), cheese and freshly made Pineapple juice with mint. Downstairs from Marta's building, on the corner of Rua Francisco Sa & Av. de Copacabana ... a small restaurant called "Bar Bico" has to die for Brazilian pastries. Ask for coxinha de galinha or empada de frango, which are delicious chicken pastries. Also try their juices. OMG'sh their mango juice is amazing! Now back to Rio guesthouse, this is not a "hotel" experience. It's like staying at your family's house. I highly recommend staying here. You will LOVE it! Next time I'm in Rio, this will be my spot.
We loved the location. In addition to great views of Copacabana Beach and the Sugar Loaf Mountains, You are literally across the street from Copacabana and short walk from Ipanema. There are a multitude of restaurants along the beach that you can walk to, or just ask Marta for her recommendations and she will send you to the best places in Rio, including local highlights that you won’t find in tourist guides.
You will share your breakfast with the other guests, but we found this to be an enriching experience because you are able to learn about others all over the world.
We will be back!!! Beijos Marta!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alinie
Dear Aline, thanks...thanks...thanks...! Your wonderful words to describe our Guesthouse is really make me so happy. To receive this recognition of our guests, is worst all the work we do. My most big pleasure is to see my gusets so happy as you have being here. Your are so generous, and is very nice your recommendations for Bar Bico, they are really so nice. You could help me rigth an guide of Rio....think about. This fabulous reviews really encorage people to Travel to our beautiful City, and stay at our Guesthouse. Look for to receive you again soon, and please send your friends and family as well ! I appreciate very much your review, thanks ! Warm regards and 1000 Brazilian kisses ! Marta Miller
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We spent a wonderful few days (too few!) at Marta's. The place is every bit as lovely as all the other reviewers have said, Marta is a lovely lady, too.
The views were magnificent.
I can't think of anything I didn't like.

If I have my way, we'll be back!

Room Tip: Ask Marta - I didn't see any bad ones
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear John, Thank you so much for your review. Was a great pleasure to receive you at our Guesthouse, and want make sure that when you be back to our Guesthouse we could welcome you with more comfort and even better and new surprises ! Best regards, and my appreciation for your review .
michigan
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Absolutely fabulous view! Marta is warm and friendly, with a great staff. Breakfast included and yummy good. The location is super. Marta is very helpful and morning breakfast is filled with interesting people to talk with.................... Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank larrytuttle
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This B&B has one of the most amazing views I have ever woken up to in my life. This is a big penthouse home ontop of one corner unit block on the beach front. It is run by a very helpful and nice lady called Marta, whom will go out her way to make your stay easiler. The rooms are very large and very clean and beds are so easy to sleep. The beach is right across the road. The metro is short walk and taxi regularly go past the front door. All the major sights of Rio are easily accessed from here. This place is worth a stay to see how the beach life of Rio lives.

Room Tip: We booked a room with private bathroom, couple rooms have share bathrooms.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Aaron, it was a pleasure to receive you. And I happy you enjoy your stay. I have appreciate very much your review, and the explanation of our place. Your generosity and sincerity really does help us, for all of our staff and me that work hard to create an nice home for our guests. We really enjoy to hear that you have being so comfortable and happy at our Guesthouse. Hope to see you again, and will be a pleasure to receive you, your friends and family any time. Best regards, Marat Miller
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the moment we walked in the door we felt at home, Marta was very welcoming.

The view from the terrace is stright out onto Copacabana Beach. The rooms are spacious with a comfortable bed. Plenty of sunlight & fresh air.

Breakfast was different each day, usually around 8:30am but one morning was a bit later because another guest had friends joining us for her birthday. There were different fresh fruits, yoghurts, eggs, fresh bread.

I would recommend this place to anyone staying in Rio & would definitely stay here again.

Pros: View to die for
Cons: Breakfast was too late

Room Tip: Our room had an ensuite so we only had a view of the building next door.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Lauren, it was a great pleasure to receive you at our Guesthouse, and I am happy that you have feel like at Home. This is my most importante focus at the Rio Guesthouse, I really want to open my home to receive you and all our guests "At Home". Share and invite everione to be at home, means that you will be able to count with me, and I will have the most pleasure to make you stay, safe, comfortable, and happy.......and when you go back home and you think at your holidays in Rio..... your memories will be from your Home in Rio...."BE at HOME at our RIO GUESTHOUSE". My best and warm regards ! And be home when every you want, and send your family and friends ! Mara Miller