I arrived at the hotel: the consierge was apparently not there and it took another employee (porter? Who knows) 20 minutes to find my reservation. He did not speak a word of English. I was exhausted from a 12-hrs trip and could not wait to get a shower: when got to my room, found there was only one, very small towel in the bathroom. Air conditioning remote not working (someone removed the batteries). Internet WiFi extremely slow.
Restaurant within the hotel is plain (tried twice) and closes at 9PM, so after that time you need to use room service. No bar in the hotel so only chance to get a drink is to use the mini bar.
The bathroom is dark and most definitely not well kept. Room is quite small but OK.
Hotel staff speaks poor (or no) English.
Stay somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the seafront of the largest beach of Rio de Janeiro, the 3-star Promenade Casa del Mar offers a central location next to the Marapendi Lake, in the ascendant district of Barra da Tijuca. All apartments and suites have a balcony facing the sea, as well as mini kitchen, cable TV and other amenities. In addition to the comfortable accommodations, you can enjoy the swimming pool on the terrace, a workout in the gym or ending the day with a fresh drink at the bar. Chain: Promenade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Promenade Casa Del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Promenade Casa Del Mar Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Promenade Casa Del Mar Rio De Janeiro, Brazil