We booked this over Carnaval - It is a great location with everything on your doorstep and i felt really safe, even walking around at night (2 young girls travelling on our own).
The staff were great, Weber really went out of our way for us!One lady was a bit snooty, but generally the staff went out of their way at peak time to do whatever they could for you. They
organised a trip to Angra Dos Reis (highly recommend if you have the time). The cleaners did a great job and all staff were attentive and spoke great English (quite rare even in Rio).
Great value for money - had a HUGE twin room. The room was tidy, got some complimentary truffles on arrival and have a nice view where we could see the beach. The bathroom was always spotless and the shower was always hot and powerful. The rooftop area is amazing - just wish we had longer in rio so we could make more use of the facilities. From above, you can view out, see the statue and the beautiful city, perfect for sunbathing and has a bar and gym up there.
The wifi was a bit iffy, and couldnt use it but i suppose i wouldn't be making the most of my holiday if i spent all my time online!
The breakfast was superb, lots of fruit, cakes, bread rolls and cheeses, scrambelled eggs etc - lots of nice fruit juice.
This is a great value hotel and i would definately come back here again if i ever get a chance to visit the amazing Rio De Janeiro again! It was more expensive than i would normally pay for i think its an average price for a hotel in Rio - and you definately get your money's worth!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mar Hotel Copacabana Palace offers a great location in the heart of Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro. It is just 80m from the beach and 150 meters from the Metro station Siqueira Campos. In the lobby of the hotel, the restaurant offers a variety of dishes. The terrace has a pool and a bar, where we offer drinks and snacks in the evening. We have spacious and confortable apartments. Services of personal trainer are available at an exclusive area at Copacabana beach. Hotel Mar Palace is nationally known as the sports hotel! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Mar Palace Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mar Palace Copacabana Hotel
- Hotel Mar Palace Copacabana Rio De Janeiro, Brazil