Stayed here on two occasions (Oct 11 and Feb 12) and both stays were enjoyable. Hotel location could not be bettered being only one block from the beach and a five minute walk to the lagoon. Felt very safe walking around the area, even at night. Check in staff very helpful and spoke good english. Both rooms were very comfortable with plenty of space and good facilities (including small kitchen area with microwave). Do ask to be on the "quiet" side of the building, as if I had been a light sleeper, I would have been very disturbed by the noise from a local bar, that is open until early in the morning. My second room was better but I could still hear the bar in the background Breakfast was good, in the small reception area, with good selection of hot and cold food. Was offered a hotel taxi back to the International airport, for BRL80, but as it was late Saturday afternoon, took a metered cab, which cost BRL70. Hotel is also well placed for the bus network and I took one to the Urca area, just behind the Suagr Loaf mountain, which is worth exploring. Urca only has a small beach but the walk along the sea front is very pretty and the area has some interesting housing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the charming district of Ipanema, near the Plaza of Our Lady. Peace and a few steps from Posto 9 on Ipanema Beach, the Promenade Visconti is one of the best accommodation options in the South Zone of Rio de Janeiro. The hotel features an elegant and personal atmosphere, plus comfort and personalized service to ensure a stay more than enjoyable! Your accommodations are unique, have ample space and are designed for maximum comfort. Decorated with dark wood furnishings and warm colors, the resort offers the refinement for an unforgettable stay: queen-size bed, table and chairs, sofa, split air conditioning, LCD TV with cable channels, internet WIFI. Complete the services offered: sauna, whirlpool and fitness room. The Promenade Visconti parking service account for the convenience of its guests (upon availability / charged separately). Pets: Allowed on request ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HRS and Agoda so you can book your Promenade Visconti reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Promenade Visconti Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Promenade Visconti Rio De Janeiro, Brazil