“Fly with the eagles (or the Frigate birds)”
Review of Just Fly

Just Fly
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Just Fly Rio Hang Gliding School Tandem Flight with Paulo Celani and his team from Pedra Bonita Ramp and landing at São Conrado Beach.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

On our first visit to Rio, I knew we had to go hang gliding (don't ask where that crazy notion came from at my age). After checking out a number of providers, I found the reviews for Just Fly Rio on this site. Although there were only four at the time, they sounded very positive. From my first contact with Paulo, I was sold! Because of the uncertain weather (and partly because of our erratic schedule), he was in constant communication providing answers to every question and offering supplemental explanations that he felt important. He even provided a link to Wind Guru. It finally looked like we would have to abandon the adventure for this trip, because of the weather forecast, until we received an e-mail from Paulo on our last morning informing us that the weather conditions were starting to look favourable. We finished wolfing down breakfast and grabbed a cab to São Conrado where Paulo's colleagues were waiting to help us attend to the formalities and whisk us up to the Pedra Bonita Ramp where we were greeted by Paulo.
Not being adventurous sorts, we were a bit intimidated by the dune-buggy ride up the mountain took it as part of the adventure and decided we could handle anything after that! (I am known to exaggerate a tad at times.) We were certainly put at ease by the calm manner of Paulo and his colleagues in preparing us for the flight and by the precise instructions on what we must and must not do to ensure its success. No chances are taken and take-off is delayed until the winds are optimal. (We had already been reassured that the only cost to us would be our transportation and the hang gliding association registration fee - for access to the mountain - should the flight have to be cancelled.)
And then you are floating through the sky with the birds. I spare the description of the emotional high from the experience but couldn't imagine a more beautiful place in the world to enjoy it. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat! Would I choose Just Fly Rio again? I couldn't imagine even considering anybody else! (As I mentioned, I had already checked out others.) Oh, and if you are dithering about whether to spend the extra on the photos and video, stop right now! Go for the package and you will have an amazing record you can share and use to relive the experience as often as you like.

All reviews
"safe hands"
"fear of heights"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Worth every penny! Beautiful views ofcourse but Paolo made My flight so much more enjoyable. Professional, funny and just an overall amazing experience.

I Even got the photos and the video sent to me by email, as the DVD didnt work. Thats service!

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Vicarellio
Reviewed November 23, 2013

For our first time in Rio, Hangliding was the number one thing on our To Do list. Paulo was easy to work with an very flexible, and he always promptly responded to our emails. We also felt safe and that our safety was Paulos top concern when it came to evaluating the weather conditions. We also arranged transfer from our hotel in Ipanema. The flying experience was second to none. We are not normally picture and video people, but after the flight we had to have everything. We highly recommend Just Fly! Thank you Paulo - Scott & Bridget

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I recently went to Rio for the first time in November and couldn't wait to go Hang Gliding with my friends. Paulo helped us organize the day for 4 girls and gave us all the information we needed to ensure things ran smoothly.

I had the pleasure of gliding with Paulo - he's honestly the best! So patient and kind. There was a cloud layer which needed to clear for us in order to jump and Paulo stuck it out with me until we could go (since I was the last of my friends).

Once we got to the bottom, his kids were waiting for him - what a cool Dad!

I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone looking to take in the beautiful views of Rio.

Thanks Paulo!

4  Thank Kristen O
See more reviews
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

A great decision! I had never been hang gliding but if you are going to try then Rio has to be the place! There are many companies to choose from but none could beat this operation. Paulo was prompt responding to my e-mail and ran a very professional operation.
Safety was paramount and we needed to delay our flight by 3hours because of wind. He kept in close touch until he could send his driver to collect me and then was very concerned that he'd kept me waiting. His approach made me feel very safe and totally confident in him.
He was a lovely guy and when we did take off he managed to find thermals to stay aloft for over 15minutes which was far more than the majority of the instructors gliding at the same time as us.
The view is not the standard view of Rio but very beautiful. Some people grumbled about the cost of video and photos but the deal Paulo gives seems better than the others I heard and I thought was fare. He was also very open and upfront about the costs when he e-mailed me which is appreciated.
Many thanks Paulo