Acapulco Copacabana
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$148
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
$245
$231
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$85
Official Hotel
  • Pool
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$324
$313
Hotels.com
$500
$442
Cancelon
  • Beachfront
All reviewsthe room service staffarrival late at nightour room was spaciousminutes walk awaycold meatsbreakfast buffetrestaurants and barsbeach frontsugarloaf mountaingood sizevisiting riofew blockscarnivalstatueneighborhood
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 8 nights during Carnaval. Location is good (East of Copacabana) in Leme, a residential neighborhood that was fairly quiet for Rio. It’s less than 100 meters from the beach and across one of the biggest hotels of Rio, which blocks any view. You have to move quite a bit to go to the best restaurants, nightlife (Lapa) and to Ipanema (which is much better than Copacabana) but taxis are cheap in Rio. Hotel is way too expensive for the quality (even outside Carnaval but this is Rio). Room is basic, AC is very noisy and safe has a key that you must carry (our safe didn’t work for the first hour and they only wanted to fix it the following day…we had to argue). Hotel is very noisy. Wi-Fi only worked in the lobby; it never worked on the 14th floor. Breakfast was ok. Some of the staff were helpful (especially the evening’s duo) but most weren’t helpful (lack of English and weren’t trust-worthy like the morning's duo…they were only here to direct you to restaurants/tours that you won’t need in Rio.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PetPPP
Reviewed March 8, 2012

The staff at the hotel is amazing!! We had lost luggage. The hotel staff called the airport for us numerous times and accepted the luggage on our behalf. They even helped us find the number for AA that didn't cost money. They went above and beyond their duty.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Chassity A
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My friends and i booked this due to the cheapest rate during Carnival 2012. As non eof us had been Brazil b4 it turned out to be the best spot, a road away from main buses, beach and other cities.

The hotel reception was helpful and could speak English, my only tip would be not to let them grab a taxi for you as when we grabbed one ourselves from main road it was cheaper.

The breakfast was the best spread compared to the other three hotels/guest houses we stayed in whilst on our travels.

Room Tip: We stayed on 7th floor facing front of hotel which wasn't too bad, expected it to be really noisey as read lots of reviews but it was fine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Girl_guide_to_
Reviewed September 30, 2011

I came upon the (ACH) Acapulco Copacabana Hotel while walking, without any reservation. To my surprise, I would be paying the same $150 a night I would have been paying in a private room with shared bathroom at a hostel. The ACH is a very clean and comfortable place to stay.Only one block from the beach. My Twin bed room was very large, with functioning AC, flat screen 32" TV that I never used, free WIFI works great. Great shower (not shared). The included breakfast is perfect, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals, fruits, great coffee, eggs, etc. The service and attention is excellent.It is in a good neighborhood, very safe, lots of decent looking people eating in the local eateries. My Tips: Bring several forms of money such as CASH, Travelers checks, at least two bank cards, credit card. My bank card was damaged. Luckily I had my credit card, but because I had no cash, there were many things I could not buy from the locals. Bring some very comfortable running/walking shoes. Walk to Ipanema (I walk like a New Yorker=fast) and burn of all the great and delicious food you will be eating. I am a bit more adventurous, I walked to Sugar Loaf Mountain (30 min), walked back to ACH, changed into my beach gear and jumped into the cool beach.
All in all, I only have good things to say about Acapulco Copacabana Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank SinLimites
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This is one of those hotels that may not strike you for anything in particular, but simply leave you satisfied and looking forward to go back. I stayed there with my boyfriend while on a business trip, and we would definitely stay again. Our room was spacious, comfortable and tastefully decorated, and the staff was always prompt and attentive. The buffet breakfast is very good and really helps to start the day well before long hours of business meetings. And the neighborhood has a lot to offer in terms of restaurants, stores, etc. We were impressed by the quick response of the room service staff, that was called to fix a little mix-up with the beds at our arrival late at night. The only part of the experience that could have been better was the booking. We made the reservation by contacting the hotel directly (rather than using a booking website), and the procedure for the reservation was somewhat contrived, with a form to fill and return by email, and a deposit required. This was complicated further by the fact that the reservation agent spoke poor english. But the good quality of this hotel well compensated for this initial frustration.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business