“NOT authentic Mediterranean food”
Review of Pittas

Pittas
Ranked #4,099 of 13,847 Restaurants in Rio de Janeiro
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Israeli
Neighborhood: Copacabana
Neighborhood: Copacabana
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Went here due to the reviews. Lots of young locals here so also gave us another great sign... Hummus and tahini are MIXED together. Never had that before, and not very tasty. Pita bread was NOT pita bread... The falafels were tiny and ok. Upside was it was casual and pretty cheap. Didn't spend so much on this disappointing meal.

There are newer reviews for Pittas

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We happened to stop by Pittas while we were walking around the Copacabana area. Very reasonably priced (RBL18/plate, US$10), the portion sizes are large and the quality of food excellent. Highly recommended for an inexpensive, tasty meal.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I ran into this restaurant while vacationing in Rio. I was staying at the Rio Deal B&B hostel on Santa Clara and this restaurant is a quick walk from the hostel. The falafel sandwiched are excellent. Wide range of choice in the fillings. I particularly liked the grilled Brinjal. The falafel platter was excellent as well, with excellent veggie options. Great food for a very reasonable price. Sandwiches cost around 10 reals and platter around 15. I highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank WizardOfTheEast
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My one experience was not a good one. Lots of food, fairly quick in and out. The place in Copacabana was stifling, so I went back to the apt. I really didn't find anything satisfying here. Perhaps the shawarma - it looked ok on the spit. But I can't say that I would risk a return.

1  Thank brasilboy
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

After more than 6 months of searching, I've finally found it!
This tiny spot has the best hummus and tahini, by far, with fair pricetags and a smile.
The plates are slightly small, and a big hungry fellow might need another half, but the taste...
Do not miss.