TripAdvisor
Rio de Janeiro
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews tijuca forest business trip mauricio conrado touristic property ipanema
Selected filters
Reviewed January 10, 2016

We had an amazing stay in Casa Verde! Mauricio and Stuart were wonderful hosts, the house was beautiful and well situated. The dogs Bobbi and Pepper were friendly and fun to have around. Would love to return :)

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea N
Reviewed November 6, 2015

I can't say enough about the hospitality and warmth I received from owners Stuart and Mauricio during my four-day stay. I left feeling like part of the family. The surroundings and the accommodation were lush and comfortable and the breakfasts, with homemade baked goods were something I looked forward to each morning. My room was large and airy with a gorgeous marble bathroom and a glassed-in shower. I was close to the pool with a view of the canopy of trees and a slice of the beach. Although Casa Verde is in Sao Conrado, which is what gives it the feeling of countryside in the city, it's still very easy and inexpensive to get around Rio by taxi. So if you want to experience what Rio has to offer, yet have a peaceful setting, Casa Verde is the place. The adorable miniature schnauzers, Pepper and Bobby, certainly added to the homey feeling.

Room tip: Top rooms offer the most amazing views. My room was near the pool and next to fabulous hotel-quality steam room and outdoor pool.
Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2015

The place is a bed and breakfast managed by two amazing guys. The place is cozy and comfortable. I have a very spacious room with a queen size bed. My partner had an smaller room, but with an amazing balcony with a great view.

The swimming pool is too small to swim, but it is ok to relax a little. The place is also sunny, and they have 2 friendly pets.

It is not so simple to get cabs going there, even using apps. I had to wait as long as 15 minutes a couple of times, and it was an Uber who came. But no issue coming back. Very close to the Fashion Mall and the beach.

I´d come back for sure.

Room tip: Ask for the big balcony room
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank jmbenedetto
Reviewed August 16, 2015

Having travelled for three weeks around Brazil Casa Verde was our last stop before home and we definitely left the best till last we couldn't have found a nicer place to stay! As soon as we arrived we were warmly welcomed by Stuart, Mauricio and of course Bobby and Pepper. Their house was amazing and made for a lovely relaxing few days before returning home, any questions we had they were more than happy to answer and they gave us some great tips on where to eat and shop. Thank you so much for making us feel so welcome at Casa Verde!

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2015 via mobile

We spent 2 nights in this beautiful huge house. We were warmly welcomed by Stuart and Mauricio. They showed us the room that was beautiful. Big bathroom with wooden furniture. I really enjoyed chilling out in the hammock looking at the sea and the Sao Cornado forest. Everything was done to enjoy, be on the terrace drinking a glass of wine. So gooood!
Thanks Suart and Mauricio for my last 2 nights in Rio.

Date of stay: February 2015
Trip type: Traveled as a couple