“Very nice and memorable time!”
Review of Tour guide in Rio

Tour guide in Rio
Ranked #198 of 517 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Discover Rio de Janeiro with a licensed tour guide by the Ministry of Tourism in Brazil - we will explore all the best attractions in the city such as Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf, the historical downtown, the Arches at Lapa, the Selaron staircase, Copacabana beach, Tijuca National forest, the Monastery, hidden areas and beaches where tourists don't go also the islands on the west side of he city where you see birds, caymans and nature.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase
Reviewed February 19, 2013

After completing work while in Brazil, I wanted to take advantage of the 2 days of free time I had before returning home. Having never set foot in Rio, I knew I would need competent help to make the most of my experience. Diana was an excellent choice. The amount of hassel free convenience she provided was amazing. It was so nice always having a ride available to go from place to place without having to deal with directions, taxis or the language barrier. Diana was also more than just a person to take you site seeing. She was a big help with arranging my hotel reservations as well as helping me get to the airport when it was time to go. Overall, she was very accomodating and knowledgable. Highly recommended!

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We were a little unsure about how safe Rio was so we decided to use a private guide in Rio. This was the best decision we made as we felt safe the whole time we were there, mainly because we got some local insight from Diana Persi.

Diana was highly recommended to me by her colleague Rafa Torres. We received prompt response to our emails and from that point on until our departure from Rio, everything went smoothly. By the time we met her in Rio, we felt like she’s an old friend. She was funny, easy going, very reliable, and spoke perfect English. She made sure we got to all the places we wanted despite the wet weather that day.

Being foodies, one of our highlights is a local restaurant in Santa Teresa where Diana took us. I had a chicken dish served with black beans, farofa and rice and she showed me how the locals eat them. It was inexpensive and simple but one of our favourite meals in Rio!

We also booked Diana to take us on a trip to Buzios. She suggested we took a schooner boat which visited a number of the local beaches. What a great idea! We had so much fun in Buzios and it was definitely a side trip worth making.

The verdict: GO FOR IT! We think it’s money well spent. The local knowledge made such a difference in our experience of Rio. Thank you Diana. You are now our friends!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

Diana was our tour guide in Rio for 2 days.
Beside the center we also discovered the beautifull neighbourhood.
She is a good driver and provides a confortable car.
She is a friendly, professional und well organized guide.
Her english is excellent and she is also doing very well in french.
She knows everything about her beautifull city.
We had a lot of fun with her, therefore we highly recomend her.
Finally she also transfered us very confortable ans on time from and to the airport.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I went to Rio 2 years ago with my husband and my 5 months old son,and I don´t know what I would have done without Diana .She helped us with everything ,from finding an apartment at Barra da Tijuca,to taking us safe to the airport at night ,and in several tours in town ,including a late night one to downtown Rio.
Diana is very friendly,pleasant,a true expert in Rio tours,and will help you with everything you need.She also became a great friend of us,and I can´t imagine going to Rio,without calling Miss Diana Persi.I´m from Brazil,but my husband is American and Diana is fluent in english explaining to us everything about Rio,including safety tips etc. I felt really safe in the company of Diana and would 100% recommend her if you want a safe and pleasant trip to Rio.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I contacted Diana and introduced her to my Brasilian daughter-in-law who came on the trip with me, my husband and my son. The 2 of them cordinated an excellent tour of the city.iana speaks English beautifully and her knowledge of her country is excellent. We spent two days with her and by the end of the visit she was one of the family.
She is extremely accomodating as we did some off the beaten track activities. Diana is a fantastic driver and she can manover in the Brasilian traffic which is horrendous like a pro.

It is a delight to be around Diana and you will have a fabulous tour of Rio if you choose Diana as your tour guide.