“I liked it a lot!”

Rio Forest Hostel
Sao Paulo, SP
“I liked it a lot!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I really liked this hostel! It has a great view and the place and its surroundings seem very safe. It also has a pool which is great after a day of walking around Rio with all that heat. I found the breakfasts very good; fruit, juice, toast, chocolate muffin, crackers, coffee, chocolate. I also found the staff to be very very nice. They were very friendly, willing to help and they would even go out with us when they could. They also try to help you out as much as they can, so much that when we went to a "bloco" someone snatched my phone while I was taking a picture and one of the staff members there (Luis) didn't even think twice about it and ran after the guy who snatched my phone and I was able to get my iPhone back. We were able to store our bags there until it was time to check in and we were also offered guidance whenever we asked for it and they had a lot of things available in case we wanted to participate.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jessica P
RioForest, Gerente de recepção at Rio Forest Hostel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello Jessica!

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time for sharing your good experience . We are glad you enjoyed the breakfast and took full advantage of our pool - a must especially during the summer months (December- March). During Carnaval, we guided you and other guests to the best street parties ("blocos") in the neighborhood but unfortunately we had that unfortunate experience at the street party which can happen in a palce with so many people however I´m glad we recovered your phone and you continued to have fun and enjoy the BEST of Rio de Janeiro.

Let your friends and family know about our amazing hostel, our hospitality.

Best,
Luis Suarez
Reception Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Launceston, Australia
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed here for 2days.
the attitude and drunken behaviour of staff left me speechless.
At 4am I had to get up and ask several off duty staff members to turn down blareing music.
they were treating this place like it was there own party house.And showing no respect for guest that were sleeping.
I believe the owners of this place need to review there staff
.These people were nothing but childish and disrespectful.I was disgusted.The use of drugs was well known to several staff members in conversations.But no action taken,And 2 staff members even joked about the amount of cocain that several guests had bought into the premises.
Also breakfast was a joke.
I recieved 2 pieces of toast and a bowl of dried out fruit.from a women that was so rude and her attitude was one of someone that didnt want to serve or do anything in any way to help guests.
I think this place has alot to answer for.it sets a bad example for the industry.
And the bathrooms were disgusting,floors not cleaned ans showers smelt of mould and mildue.Not to mention not even cleaned on sundays.And several guests also showed no respect for the utilities treating the bathroom areas like animals .But no staff members found this to be a problem...appauling attitude no respect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank razorpod
RioForest, Gerente at Rio Forest Hostel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Hello,

First of all, we greatly apprecite for reserving your time to give us feedback on your experience here at Rio Forest Hostel. We ask you to please send us an e-mail to gerencia@rioforesthostel.com. br with the date of the event and staff in order to identify the ones responsible and improve our service during the night time. I believe you slept in the dormitory in front of the reception desk and main entrance and we understand that can be one of the most noise sensitive areas specially in the morning. We have communicated to ALL of our receptionists about this specific event as well as the staff member who serve breakfast that morning in order for this not too occur ever again with you and future guests. Optimum service is our priority and again lament you had that experience and we are open ears in order to find room for improvement.