“A very nice guide - Un super guide”
Review of Rio Roots

$19.98*
Downtown Rio de Janeiro Walking Tour
Ranked #142 of 506 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Owner description: Created by a local guide, Rio Roots is a company specialized in Rio de Janeiro, we operate tours, and assist in hosting choice, as well as in other activities, and touristic services. Our tours rescue the city history, and roots, showing how fascinating is Rio, and making the visit an unforgettable experience. If you want to have a good time, and not only pass through the attractions rushing, choose us.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I went with Henrique to a samba party in the North of Rio. He took me and my friend by car in Copacabana, and drove us until the samba square. There, we spent 3 hours listening to the music and watching the girls dancing samba, it was amazing !
This place is so cool :)
And Henrique told us about the story af the samba school, the various famous people that used to come to the show, and the story of the football club associated.
A very nice brazilian moment : I highly recommend Henrique as a guide !

Some of my friends also went to a soccer game with him, and really enjoyed it !!

6  Thank aliz l

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I had the opportunity to go to Rio in September to take a course of study was more with the very short time .. I received the information through a friend about the Henrique's service and I did contact him .. He is a great person, very polite and has knowledge about the places, their histories and curiosities. With the little time we had I used to know during the afternoon of the Tijuca forest, with waterfalls trail, the Christ the Redeemer and even a walk around the historic center of Rio... I recommend and I want to make others trips with him ... more this time with much more time to enjoy!
Thank you!

6  Thank Flavio_Godoy
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We made a hiking & swimming trip with Henrique to the Rio National Park.
To give you the most important information first: It was awesome!

Henrique knew the best spots for great lookouts in the nationalpark and we were hiking "Indiana-Jones-Style" through the nationalpark. The highlight was a trip to a pretty lonely waterfall a bit up in the mountains where we were bathing in the waterfall.

If I ever come back to Rio, gonna book Henrique again FOR SURE

Cheers,
Waldemar

10  Thank the_jack_william
henriqueroots, Owner at Rio Roots, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank´s waldemar, i´m glad that you guys enjoyed a lot, the Indiana jones style was a nice description.hahah

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Whilst on business trip in Rio last August, my wife and I wanted to see more then just shops and beaches. We booked a guided tour around Rocinha favela and a samba school. Our guide Henrique Santos had good knowledge of why and how, introduced us to some locals, let us feel what it is like to live here whilst we felt safe at all times. It became an experience we will not easy forget and would recommand to all visiting Rio. We had friends from Sao Paolo do the Floresta da Tijuca visit with him and they enjoyed that very much as well. He has a nice personality and good knowledge about his tours.

12  Thank Chris3436
henriqueroots, Owner at Rio Roots, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2012

Thank you Christiaan ! It was a big pleasure to guide you all, thanks also for recommending my service. I really appreciate it!

Reviewed October 5, 2012

In april 2012 I visited Rio De Janeiro. one of the days me and my friends took a daily trip to the following sites: Corcovado, Floresta da Tijuca and the Favela.
Throughout the trip was with us guide named Henrique Mafra. Henrique was very nice, answered all of our questions and because of him the whole trip was extremely enjoyable.
Henrigue made us aware of anything important we needed to know.
This tour was everything I was hoping it would be. It was a safe, well-organized trip that I would highly recommend to anyone.

12  Thank DanaNi_10

Thanks Dana, is good to have people like you, as my customers. Thank you!