Ibis Copacabana Posto 2
$209
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$206
$112
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$148
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$110
$99
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$85
Official Hotel
$173
$500
$451
  • Beachfront
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$324
$313
2,100 results
All reviewstwo blocksmetro stationgreat locationcardeal arcoverdepriced hotelstayed here for one nightnice hotelwifi connectionnice staylate checkcopacabanariopostotaxischannelsneighborhoodbrazil
Reviewed July 30, 2014

This is a new Ibis hotel (2014) at Copacabana. Location is fairly good, you are 2 minutes from metro, 4 minutes (2 blocks) from the beach.
You get exactly what you expect from Ibis hotel. Basic room, but clean and quite spacious, quite a good buffet breakfast and reasonable price.
As the quality of many 4* hotels is barely a 3*, this is a really nice option. I have seen much worse 4* then Ibis.
If you do not need a sea view, pool 2x2m like most of the hotels have in Rio and fancy lobby area, just go here, you will not regret.
Free wifi in all the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Very good standard for good value on this place. Hotel is on second block from Copacabana. Rooms are standard IBIS rooms as other IBIS rooms in the world. Breakafast was nice with fruit etc. Lobby bar is good and open whole day. On Copacabana beach you are in 5 minutes. Metro station is just 3 minutes and many restaurants and bars around!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Filip D
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been here for a full month and one thing you can say is that the hotel is consistent.
The rooms are all the same and kept clean and tidy.
The shower is one of the best I have ever used in a hotel. The bed takes up most of the room but is very comfortable.
The power sockets take the very strange Brazilian 3 pin hexagon sockets and are all 220 volts worth remembering that the bathroom is the same so shaver adaptors do not work. I have had to use an adaptor from the front desk which converts to European and then a UK adaptor plugged in.
Breakfast is fine however a bit un inventive every day is the same.
Staff are very helpful and always seem to try to help

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Curinor
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night at the end of my trip, I checked in here after going to a truly vile hostel a mile down the road. Best nights sleep of my trip. Staff were incredibly accommodating, even managed to get me adaptors for my iPhone 5. Free wifi, clean comfortable room and the most impeccable security. Guests must be pre announced before visiting and your room key only works in the lift to your floor, felt incredibly safe in a sometimes daunting city. Yes it's a little costly but as I learnt, buy cheap, buy twice! I can't remember the name of the guy on the desk but he was a lovely tall man who spoke brilliant English and after the day I had it was welcome relief.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Ellie P
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Elizabeth:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Rio de Janeiro Copacabana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Milene

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The location was right in the heart of Copacabana (one block from the Copacabana Palace & one block from the metro & one block from the beach), which was great. The rooms were small, but clean and new. The check-in and check-out process was smooth. The hotel provided us a map and a basic course in Portuguese! We had the breakfast once and it was reasonably priced but nothing special. I would recommend staying at this hotel for the good location and new rooms.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom C
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Tom: