Ibis Copacabana Posto 2
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Copacabana Mar Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Real Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Royal Rio Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Pool
Mirasol Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Praia Lido Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Beachfront
Hotel Rio Lancaster(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Atlantico Praia(Rio de Janeiro)
2,100 results
All reviewstwo blocksmetro stationgreat locationcardeal arcoverdepriced hotelstayed here for one nightnice hotelwifi connectionnice staylate checkcopacabanariopostotaxischannelsneighborhoodbrazil
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I have been here for a full month and one thing you can say is that the hotel is consistent.
The rooms are all the same and kept clean and tidy.
The shower is one of the best I have ever used in a hotel. The bed takes up most of the room but is very comfortable.
The power sockets take the very strange Brazilian 3 pin hexagon sockets and are all 220 volts worth remembering that the bathroom is the same so shaver adaptors do not work. I have had to use an adaptor from the front desk which converts to European and then a UK adaptor plugged in.
Breakfast is fine however a bit un inventive every day is the same.
Staff are very helpful and always seem to try to help

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
5  Thank Curinor
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night at the end of my trip, I checked in here after going to a truly vile hostel a mile down the road. Best nights sleep of my trip. Staff were incredibly accommodating, even managed to get me adaptors for my iPhone 5. Free wifi, clean comfortable room and the most impeccable security. Guests must be pre announced before visiting and your room key only works in the lift to your floor, felt incredibly safe in a sometimes daunting city. Yes it's a little costly but as I learnt, buy cheap, buy twice! I can't remember the name of the guy on the desk but he was a lovely tall man who spoke brilliant English and after the day I had it was welcome relief.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Ellie P
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear Elizabeth:

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Rio de Janeiro Copacabana. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Milene

Reviewed June 7, 2014

The location was right in the heart of Copacabana (one block from the Copacabana Palace & one block from the metro & one block from the beach), which was great. The rooms were small, but clean and new. The check-in and check-out process was smooth. The hotel provided us a map and a basic course in Portuguese! We had the breakfast once and it was reasonably priced but nothing special. I would recommend staying at this hotel for the good location and new rooms.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom C
Milene S, Gerente geral at Ibis Copacabana Posto 2, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Dear Tom:

Milene

Reviewed June 7, 2014

A classic ibis. We travelled two weeks before the World Cup so that explains why the prices were so high - they were high everywhere but we thought at least we knew what we were getting with an ibis. It's exactly what you expect: standard good clean rooms and average breakfasts. Felt very safe, too

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Augustuscalv
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Great price for the location, the breakfast was adequate, however I certainly wouldn't be in a rush to use Ibis again. Check in took around 15 minutes, check out about 5 minutes and left luggage collection took around 20 minutes. Poor advice from check out staff caused me to miss my flight home and consequently I'm stuck in Rio 2 days later while waiting for a reschedule from my airline (an 8pm flight means leaving for the airport well before the 6pm time I was told would be fine, especially on a Friday). Other poor advice from check in staff was ATM machine locations for European card holder (4 digit pins). I was sent to the nearby subway station when I requested a nearby ATM machine (after midnight) and when I arrived there it was closed. These are basic things that any good hotel's staff should know, but not knowing these things and also outwardly giving the appearance of not being too interested in attentive service, forces me to downgrade the hotel. This hotel wasted a lot of my time and is possibly going to cost me a lot of money in flight changes purely for providing poor advice, therefore I could never recommend it to people especially spending their first time in the city. I didn't find the bed to be particularly comfortable either.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo