“A real treat”

$130.00*
Arraial do Cabo Day Trip from Rio de Janeiro: The Brazilian Caribe
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Nattrip is a receptive tourism agency, specialized in Ecotourism and Adventure in Rio de Janeiro. The name is an acronym for Natural Trip, a name that defines the essence of the agency, that commits to environmental education and respect for the environment in all activities it promotes. Our main objective is to promote adventure tourism in Rio de Janeiro.
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed June 25, 2013

For a different spin on a well known attraction, taking a walk up Urca & Sugar Loaf gives a totally different perspective from just joining the queue and taking the cable car with all the other Tourists. The hike was not too strenuous out of season - though it might have been a whole lot harder had the temperature been higher/there not been some light rain in the air to keep us cool. Our guide (Rodrigo) was extremely knowledgeable and friendly, and keen to share his experiences of life in Rio de Janeiro and in Brazil in general. The views not just from the top but from the various viewpoints that the cable car bypasses are sublime. I cannot recommend Nattrip Ecoturismo e Aventura highly enough.......so glad we did this.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank EdinburghIrons
Nattrip-BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Nattrip, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2014

Thank you for going on this adventure with us! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Did a great hike up to Parrot`s Peak. Our private guide was friendly, knowlegable, and patient. The friend I went with signed up for another hike with them later in the week. I will definitely call them again next time I am in town and have time for some adventure!

1  Thank NYCadventuretravel
Nattrip-BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Nattrip, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Hello Ecoturist!

Thank you so much for your rating!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Fantastic experience on professional hands. Nattrip guided us to a full day hike with professionalism, patience and all the care a company could provide to its customers. Thanks to them, my friends and I had an amazing time during a 10h day. By far one of my

1  Thank NatyAlbuquerque

Thank you for going on this adventure with us! Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Fantastic full day hike. I can honestly say this is one of the better hikes I have completed. Our guide (Rodrigo) was extremely professional and ensured each participants' safety and comfort were a priority. He was also very knowledgeable, not only on the state and city of Rio de Janeiro, but on Brazil as a whole. Once we finally reached the summit of Pedra da Gavea the view was absolutely incredible and the photo opportunities are a plenty. I can strongly recommend Nattrip Ecoturismo e Aventura when you visit Rio. You won't be disappointed.

4  Thank Andrew31_13
Nattrip-BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Nattrip, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hi Andrew!

Thank you for your rating!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Rodrigo took myself and 2 friends for a hike up Pedra da Gavea. Out of all the experiences I had in Rio, this was by far my favourite.

The preparation was excellent - he let me know with great detail exactly how difficult the hike/climb would be and what I would need (there were 3 or 4 other options). It always helps when the person describing/selling the trip is the one who is with you on the day. Pedra da Gavea was perfect for a fit hiker with beginners climbing experience (like myself).

On the actual hike, he was so knowledgable about the wildlife and the history of the park. You don't often have guides talk with so much passion. We saw a family of rare monkeys and a young ant eater.

One section of the journey had a steep climb (scramble), which all three of us made different decisions of how to proceed. One guy opted to climb without ropes, I opted to climb with ropes and another opted to wait. The way Rodrigo explained how the rope gear worked was excellent and meant we all felt happy with our own decisions. At the top of Gavea, the views were inspirational - the best views over Rio.

For me, if anyone I know was going to Rio, if they were fit enough for this hike/climb I'd definitely recommend it, otherwise, I'd tell them to use Nattrip and opt for something a little simpler.

3  Thank a_zen_s

Hi!

Thank you for your rating!