“Excellent Trip”

Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tour guide in Rio de Janeiro for tailor made tours and assistance. 35 years old, born and raised in the city of Rio de Janeiro and working as a tour guide since 2004. I have lived one year in California to improve my english skills and 2 months in Mexico to improve my spanish skills. My tours are flexible and I try to show you the Rio everyone wants to see and a few other hidden gems that only locals know it.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked several tours with Glayber and enjoyed each of the tours immensely. Our driver from the airport was exceptionally friendly and helpful; he gave us lots of tips on things to do and places to see in Rio. Everything was organized perfectly and ran smoothly, from our pick-up and drop-offs to the knowledge of the tour guides that contracted with Glayber. Overall, an excellent experience - would absolutely recommend to others. We plan on visiting Rio again and will definitely be contacting Glayber.

Visited May 2013
Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your time and kind words.

I am glad you had a great time in Rio and we could help it happen.

Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you soon in Rio.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Honeymoon in Rio - Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our tour with Glayber was definitely a highlight of our stay in Rio. He was very professional on the phone and gave us the best advise in terms of attractions we wanted to visit. His knowledge of historical and modern Rio is absolutely amazing, and he adds so much value by sharing his own experience of Rio. During the travel time in between destinations, Glayber made sure to tell us as much as possible about Rio and Brazil in general. He was very helpful in recommending restaurants and clubs. More so, when we asked for his help to arrange a transfer to Buzios, Glayber made sure he founds someone at short notice. This was really helpful as were not sure if we could trust shuttle services offered on the web.

Overall, great experience, I couldn't recommend Glayber highly enough.

Visited April 2013
Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
My dear friends,

Thank you very much for the kind words and the time we've spent together. I really enjoyed too!
I am really glad you had a great time in Rio de Janeiro and also at others sites you have visited.
I wish you guys all the best in this new life step you are starting and hope we can see each other again someday soon.

Southlake, Texas
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Reliable, Helpful and Efficient”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We booked through a travel agency that contracted with Glayber to drive us to and from the airport. He was immensely helpful in suggesting restaurants, shopping and attractions we might enjoy. His English is excellent as is is knowledge of Rio.

Visited April 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review and for the kind words.
I am glad you had a great time in Rio de Janeiro and I was helpful.
I hope to see you again soon.

London, United Kingdom
“Grossly Underrated - an exceptional individual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been a subscriber to TripAdvisor for some years now. Nothing is perfect but for the most part this site sheds light upon the consensus of opinion amongst travellers allowing us all to make the most of our treasured holidays.

Never in my life have I encountered an individual who is so knowledgeable as well as personalable. I was on my honeymoon and perhaps to an extent the fates conspired by ensuring that those rated above Glayber were all unavailable to assist us in our rio adventure. His level of English is impeccable, his knowledge of the history of Rio is outstanding and the tips he afforded us as to where to go for the rest of our adventure were incredible. Every penny spent on his service was more than well deserved. He presents extremely professionally and his vehicle is also first class. Given my profession, I am somewhat cynical and critical about almost everything I encounter (my new wife will no doubt attest to this). The title of my review is therefore no understatement, this man is highly underrated and im grateful that he was available at such short notice. I ought to add that he also facilitated about 60 percent of our travel for the rest of our honeymoon not for any personal benefit but simply because he is a genuinely kind individual who is happy to go out of his way just to help. I genuinely forsee him moving onto to great things in life so whilst he is still undertaking this line of work, take advantage and pick him to guide you through the beauty of Rio.

Visited April 2013
Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review.
I had a great time with you guys too. I am glad I could help you guys to make your trip as good as you were expecting.
I hope to see you again soon.
Good luck in this new journey on your lives and congratulations,

Kingston, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent time in Rio”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Glayber is awesome! My wife and I went with two friends to see Rio, which just happened to coincide with when my wife's parents were also in town. My wife's parents were being guided by Glayber, and when they found out at the last minute that we would be in Rio at the same time, Glayber was so gracious in accomodating us. He was able to book extra spaces for the four of us to come along with my wife's parents without any trouble. Glayber was also very helpful in suggesting other nice restaurants and cool places to visit in Rio. Plus he gave us his cell phone number just in case we needed anything. He's definitely one of the nicest people we've met in Brazil, and his English is excellent!

Visited April 2013
Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you very much for the nice review.

I am glad you guys had a great time in Rio de Janeiro and hope to see you soon.