“Grossly Underrated - an exceptional individual”

Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$375.00*
and up
Full day tailor made tour in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private tour guide in Rio de Janeiro for tailor made tours and assistance. 35 years old, born and raised in the city of Rio de Janeiro and working as a tour guide since 2004. I have lived one year in California to improve my english skills and 2 months in Mexico to improve my spanish skills. My tours are flexible and I try to show you the Rio everyone wants to see and a few other hidden gems that only locals know it.
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been a subscriber to TripAdvisor for some years now. Nothing is perfect but for the most part this site sheds light upon the consensus of opinion amongst travellers allowing us all to make the most of our treasured holidays.

Never in my life have I encountered an individual who is so knowledgeable as well as personalable. I was on my honeymoon and perhaps to an extent the fates conspired by ensuring that those rated above Glayber were all unavailable to assist us in our rio adventure. His level of English is impeccable, his knowledge of the history of Rio is outstanding and the tips he afforded us as to where to go for the rest of our adventure were incredible. Every penny spent on his service was more than well deserved. He presents extremely professionally and his vehicle is also first class. Given my profession, I am somewhat cynical and critical about almost everything I encounter (my new wife will no doubt attest to this). The title of my review is therefore no understatement, this man is highly underrated and im grateful that he was available at such short notice. I ought to add that he also facilitated about 60 percent of our travel for the rest of our honeymoon not for any personal benefit but simply because he is a genuinely kind individual who is happy to go out of his way just to help. I genuinely forsee him moving onto to great things in life so whilst he is still undertaking this line of work, take advantage and pick him to guide you through the beauty of Rio.

Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this kind review.
I had a great time with you guys too. I am glad I could help you guys to make your trip as good as you were expecting.
I hope to see you again soon.
Good luck in this new journey on your lives and congratulations,

All reviews
"facts"
"language"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Glayber is awesome! My wife and I went with two friends to see Rio, which just happened to coincide with when my wife's parents were also in town. My wife's parents were being guided by Glayber, and when they found out at the last minute that we would be in Rio at the same time, Glayber was so gracious in accomodating us. He was able to book extra spaces for the four of us to come along with my wife's parents without any trouble. Glayber was also very helpful in suggesting other nice restaurants and cool places to visit in Rio. Plus he gave us his cell phone number just in case we needed anything. He's definitely one of the nicest people we've met in Brazil, and his English is excellent!

Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you very much for the nice review.

I am glad you guys had a great time in Rio de Janeiro and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Gosh! Where do we begin? Glayber was there to greet us at the airport! My husband and I had come from Washington, DC to experience Carnival in Rio!! Boy, was it an experience! Glayber was also our guide the next morning for the Corcovado and Sugarloaf and then he drove us through the centro. He made our trip so much more enjoyable with his kind personality. He suggested things to do that we would not have known to do, for example, he told us about the big "Bloco" that happens on the main street downtown and told us what time to be there and showed us the metro stops to take. When he learned that the tickets for our night at the Sambadrome were wrong, he stayed with us and contacted the company to get it sorted out. When the company corrected the matter, he drove all the way back to our hotel to bring us the new tickets! He does go above and beyond!! Always with a smile and kind demeanor! He gave us his mobile number and email for any questions which was a great comfort. We highly recommend Glayber and we are very thankful to him for making our Carnival experience a wonderful one! Obrigado Glayber! Hope to see you again! Joy and Julio

Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you very much for the review.

I am glad you had a wonderful time in Rio de Janeiro and enjoyed the Carnaval.

Thanks for your flexibility and good sense of humor.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We recently took a 10-day trip to Brazil and visited Sao Paulo, Rio, Paraty and Iguazu. Our two days of tours in Rio were led by Glayber who took us to see the beautiful churches, monasteries, samba stadium, Corcovado, Sugar Loaf, and more. He spoke excellent English, was very knowledgeable and very personable. He was a very good driver with a nice van for transporting us. He was very patient when we stayed forever at the Christ the Redeemer Statue taking photos. We just loved the views in every direction. He provided his contact information and confirmed our onward excursions to make sure all was in order. He did a terrific job and I highly recommend him.

Thank you very much for the kind words.

It means a lot to me know you had a good time during your vacation in Brazil and speccially in Rio de Janeiro.

I enjoyed your company as well and you made my job very easy with your flexibility and interest.

All the best.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Glayber and his team are fabulous! They accommodated a very last minute request for a driver in Rio to show us the highlights. I initially found Glayber mentioned on Trip Advisor and reached out via email. Although he was booked for the day we would be in Rio, he found someone who was available. We made the arrangements over email, and our guide was waiting at the airport upon our arrival, as promised. Our car was nice, clean and air conditioned.

Our guide for the day, João, was fantastic! He was professional, knowledgeable and very considerate (for example, he purchased entrance tickets to Corcovado prior to our arrival in the morning to ensure we wouldn't waste time waiting in line). He made sure we saw everything (key attractions like Sugarloaf and Corcovado, views, beaches, historic buildings) but at a nice pace that never felt rushed. Definitely saw more than I thought possible in 8 hours in Rio!

Glayber S, Owner at Tour Guide Glayber - Private Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review.
I am glad everything worked out and João was great.
I hope to see you soon with more free time in my hometown.