Terrible hotel, even by Rio's substandard levels. (And I've stayed in about 20 different hotels in Rio over the past 10 years). Wife and I stayed on New Years Eve and got the last room available. It was a tiny room with two double beds, an old AC unit, an average bathroom that toilet didn't flush properly, and some cables sticking out of the door. And the main elevator didn't stop on our floor (8th floor). Seriously. Just terrible. Worst of all? The price: About US$450/night. In any other city on any other day that room would have been - at best - US$75.
On the good side, it is in a good location (if you want to stay in high end Leblon). And the staff, even with all the hotel problems, isn't too bad.
Needless to say, I won't be staying at this dump again. Note to Accor, you really are killing your brand by having your name on places like this. Really.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mercure Leblon hotel is located in one of Rio's most charming districts, close to Antero de Quental square and Ataulfo de Paiva and Bartolemeu Mitre avenues. It is surrounded by various bars, restaurants and shops, in addition to the Rio Design and Leblon shopping centers.*We would like to inform guests that the hotel will be undergoing renovation work on apartments, communal areas, elevators and pipework until March 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Mercure Leblon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Apartments Rio De Janeiro Leblon Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Mercure Rio De Janeiro
- Hotel Mercure Leblon Rio De Janeiro, Brazil