Newton's Rooftop
$501
$451
  • Beachfront
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$353
$344
$200
JW Marriott
  • Beachfront
PortoBay Rio Internacional Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)
$144
$120
  • Pool
Ipanema Inn(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$207
$112
$174
$230
$184
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$103
  • Pool
Arena Copacabana Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$114
$84
Official Hotel
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stayed at Newton's a few years ago and would recommend it to anyone who is in Rio on a budget. For the location (just a few mins walk from Copa beach), it's incredibly well priced. It's also an experience like I've never had anywhere else. It's a great place to meet people. Newton is friendly, he speaks many languages, and is a great host. He does lots of guided tours and is very knowledgeable. And he'll go the extra mile to make sure you get the most out of your time in Rio. Ok, so it's not the Ritz, but for £7 a night in one of the most expensive locations in Brazil, what do you expect? Go with the right expectations and you'll have an unforgettable time.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank LouLouFor
Reviewed January 8, 2012

from the minute i stepped in2 this hostel I had a feeling it was going to b a big disappointment.
The owner Newton was rude & unfriendly he asked me if im jewish because i don't eat pork
and when i said I am not , He said : YES U ARE . Very rude the whole time , the breakfast is nasty , the whole place is dirty ( i took pictures of the ants running around along the windows in the small dirty dorms !they have no lockers in the rooms , so any1 can come in2 the room and take ure stuff,I was sleeping & the girl who worked there with another was talking loud and laughing 4 am in the morning, they also had a woman checking in at 7 am!!! I have never been in a place like this before , So take my advice & don't go there !

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Francine B
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This place was the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced - and I've stayed in some awful places around the world. The beds were old and uncomfortable, the place was infested with fleas and not only that one day I came back from a day trip and found out some of my things were missing. All they said is they weren't responsible - even though I left my bedroom LOCKED!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mark_86_10
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed in Newtons back in 2003 and damn it was fun. Hope Marco, Fernando and the rest of the crew are cool. They took care of us, took us to Lapa and generally looked out for us.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled with friends
3  Thank theboiler
Reviewed April 12, 2008

I spent 3 nights at Newton's Hostel with friends and it was really fantastic for how much it cost us. The interior had a real unique character and really made our time in Rio wonderful. The staff were very helpful and personable and made you feel like you were part of their family. Newton is a fantastic character. There were several free trips organised for people at the hostel including one to Lapa to check out the night life which helped us to meet and befriend many other tourists. On the whole i loved Newton's and would recomend it to any budget traveller. I am very grateful to them for helping to make my time in Rio an authentic and unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank CarmenSydney