“Too expensive, too little”
Review of Hotel Bandeirantes

Hotel Bandeirantes
Ranked #113 of 281 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reading, United Kingdom
“Too expensive, too little”
Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Good location for shopping and sites. Unfortunatly currently there is a very noisy building site next door. Rooms are small, they have everything you need and breakfast had a good range but there is defiantly better hotels for lower prices near! Everything seemed a bit if an effort, 30 to check in, asking several times fur the wifi details etc. not awful but defiantly not great especially given the price

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Jaxx26

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 7, 2012

When I read the reviews for this hotel I almost decided to look for another hotel, but after looking at what prices were available- I decided to give it a go. I have just returned form staying 4 nights at this hotel at the end of a Gap tour. I found the rooms clean and comfortable. Yes if you are at the front of the building there is some traffice noise. Breakfast was very good. A great selection of hot and cold food. I found the staff helpful and courteous. I have travelled the world.. so have lots to compare with. Had no problems with security.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank Bubbles129
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Very small rooms with very basic facilities charging quite a lot of money
Breakfast room in basement almost takes your morning breath away being so small
Unfriendly staff doesn't help much either..
Avoid it if you can

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Rio de Janeiro hotels

london
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I have just returned from this hotel after staying there for 7 days!!!!! Do not go there!!! by the second day my Nikon camera and my t-shirts were stolen from my locked suitcase. The hotel rooms safe was broken so I could not lock my valuables so they had to stay locked in the case!!! the camera and clothes were stolen by the hotel staff as there was no break-in and you need a digital card to enter the room. Senior staff or mangers were not interested or hardly available to speak to and they didn't feel there was a problem!!! Staff were rude, room service terrible the food was disgusting too. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE ROBBED. I wished I had read the reviews prior to booking this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank roye22
São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Grubby rooms, many very noisy.

Staff who could not give a stuff about your trip, are unbelievably unhelpful to the point of being offensive. Everything you ask for has to be requested 2-3 times before they will grudgingly oblige - but they will ignore you for as long as possible.

Antiquated system for reception to contact maids - telephones on the landing on each floor ringing at all times of the day and night, waking you up every time - in my case at 4am and 6am. The maids told me many guests complain, but management had not even bothered to invest in (very inexpensive) radios for the maids, so the telephone system stays.

It honestly feels like this hotel has just been left to rot by management and that the staff have been told to just do the minimum possible to keep costs down.

If Rio ever gets more hotels, this one will very soon go out of business for treating its customers like total trash.

Do not stay here.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Matt_B633
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I travelled to Rio for the Carnaval and had a wonderful time althroughout except for the last two days when I stayed at Hotel Bandeirantes. I paid 300 US Dollars for the two nights on the Feb29-March 1 by far the most per night than in any other hotel throughout my trip. I spent the day on the beach and left my bags locked in my hotel room, when I returned my smart phone worth US$500 disappeared along with 100 dollars in cash and a couple of T-shirts all locked in the bag. The hotel reception and management were VERY UNhelpful, showed no understanding and were unwilling to provide me with any information about who swiped the magnetic card and had access to my room. The Hotel also has no cameras on the hallways, only in the lift and told me such things happen once a week. They also charged me double for the phone I had to pay 70$ US for a 4 minute overseas phonecall. When I tried to tell them I only made one phone call and not two, they told me I cannot cheat their system. Excuse me???!! Hotel Bandeirantes is by far the worst I have ever experienced in Brazil and would advise anyone who wants to book this hotel to think twice before doing it. The hotel did not offer to pay me anything back for my loss and told me to go to the Police, which I did but I definitely won't be staying ever again in this hotel.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank MatBerlin
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed February 1, 2012

Guys, it took me 5 hrs to decide on which hotel to select for my 2days stay at Rio De Janeiro.. I looked and tried to book almost 17hotels, depending on all reviews, I did not complete my booking on any of those 17 Hotels.

Finally I saw Hotel Bandeirantes, which is practically 5-7mins walk to Copacaban Beach!

When I reached here (very late at 7pm), I thought I should have stayed more close to the Beach, but the Hotel rates in Rio are equal to any 5* Hotel of Bombay.

Anyways, I was indeed glad to stay here:

1. Staff is good
2. Rooms are clean
3. It is safe,even if your money is in the room. The room service lady is very honest(personal experience)
4. Beach is 5-7 mins. walk
5. Most importantly for ALL VEGGI people, you have enough choice to select from your Breakfast.

You have many markets nearby, bus stops are nearby...

For me it is worth to stay here... RATES are SKY ROCKET in RIO!

Regards,

Room Tip: High floors, ask for twin bed rooms, these are much bigger in size, and then later ask them to get y...