See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 10, 2015 via mobile

I stayed at the APA Hotel December 2015 and really enjoyed my stay. The reception staff and the porters were really pleasant and always helpful.
It's pretty close to Copacabana beach and a clean well kept hotel.
Breakfast area is small but clean and the coffee was the best I tasted anywhere in Brazil.
If you want a nice hotel without the nice room rates I'd recommend APA Hotel.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled solo
2  Thank Javed I
Reviewed August 30, 2015 via mobile

This hotel was perfect for us, we have been travelling for four months and wanted somewhere a bit nicer to stay for our last destination without breaking the bank and this place was perfect, our room was clean, big and comfortable with a good AC unit and lovely powerful and hot shower! The hotel let us bring our own food and alcohol and gave us plates etc to eat what we brought in. The breakfast was good with fruits, juices, pastries, toast and cereals and was 7-11 which meant we could sleep in. The location was brilliant a couple of blocks from Copacabana beach and near lots of restaurants.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank charlottiej
Reviewed August 9, 2015 via mobile

Simple ans small hotel with really good rooms. All with balcony. The breakfast is ok and complete. The positive:
The attention from the staff. They are always (always!!!) smiling and prompt to help. The location could not be better.... Also the prices are really ok for copacapana. It is my choice here!

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with friends
2  Thank marcos b
Reviewed July 23, 2015

I stayed at Apa Hotel during my 3 cities Brazil tour. They have great customer service. The hotel is close to Copacabana Beach and it is really accessible to buses and train. However, the elevator was tiny, the room had a smell and water not working for over half an hour after my arrival. They purposely make sure that only 2 power outlets work in the room. They blocked all the other ones.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Dcharles1980
Reviewed June 9, 2015

My friend and I found Apa after booking budget accommodations at a hostel called Copinha, which was so awful (and i've stayed in some bad places) that we had to leave. Apa was such a nice change. Clean, big rooms with balconies. Very helpful staff, especially Joaquim (spelling? sorry!) who was just as nice and helpful and accommodating as you can be in the hospitality industry. he speaks multiple languages and goes out of his way to help you. and he also has the nicest disposition. We were huge fans! For the price and location, you won't find a better option than Apa Hotel. Oh, and the free breakfast is great too!

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with friends