Copacabana is not the best place to stay in Rio, but it is just fine.
I would leave the preference for any place nearest Ipanema or Leblon, since the prices are not that different and the last options are much better in attractions.
This place was a little bit old, as it is common in this neighborhood in Rio.
However it is a nice place.
It is a place good enough to stay, but i definitely think in better options in Rio. i don't plan to go there again.
Good points: near the beach and like five blocks (10 minutes) from the metro station. The bus runs on two avenues very close to the hotel.
The room is big enough and comfortable.
Although the neighborhood is very noise, the room was quiet enough.
There is air conditioning and frigo.
-The room smelled cigarets.
- There is no free wi fi. you have to pay a fee for the service.
- the breakfast is good enough, not the best. however the area for eating is very small,you have to wait or the place when the hotel is full.
- The price is not that cheap. However i was there around the new year's eve.
- The staff is not that kind. They just do their jobs.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hotel Astoria Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Astoria Copacabana Hotel
- Hotel Astoria Copacabana Rio De Janeiro, Brazil