My wife and I started our 10 day honeymoon in Brazil in Rio at this hotel. We knew ahead of time the hotel was just going to be a place for us to stay, and we were to wonder around finding things to do. First off, don't be scared by all the advice from people about how unsafe Rio is, its really not that bad of a place, just don't act stupid. The hotel was very plain which suited our expectations. For the most part the front desk would answer our questions regarding tourist information. The part that bothered us is everyone, literally is after your money. Like most tourist cities. The hotel charges you for everything they possibly can, including local and toll free calls from the hotel room, which we had no idea until the end of our stay after racking up a rather large bill. We were charged for 3 items from the mini fridge that we didn't consume. They did remove the items from our bill, but I felt as if they thought we were lying. Room service doesn't speak English, and they will hang up on you if you don't speak Portuguese. The rooftop pool is really small, but with the beach only 5 blocks away, it serves its purpose. The breakfast wasn't anything we were used to being from the U.S. We made the best of what was served. The coffee was very good.
Overall the best advice I can give is to avoid the Copacabana beach area all together and stay on the Ipanema Beach instead. It has everything Copa has but cleaner and much friendlier. It is several miles from this hotel, too far to walk. If we could do it over we would of stayed in the Ipanema area. This hotel is all the way on the end of Copa. If you want cheap and don't care much about really good service then stay at this hotel. If you get irritated easily by bad service then avoid this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel is located just two blocks away from the world famous Copacabana beach. We are the ideal choice for visitors wishing to stay near the major Rio de Janeiro attractions. The Rio Copa Hotel offers wonderfully decorated rooms, full Service Restaurant, swimming pool and meeting facilities. Enjoy one of the world's favorite tourist destinations at the Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Rio Copa Hotel Rio De Janeiro
- Rio Copa Best Western
- Best Western Rio De Janeiro
- Rio De Janeiro Best Western
- Augusto's Rio Copa Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil