“Old dirty had jewelry stolen”

Premier Copacabana Hotel
Ranked #106 of 282 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
“Old dirty had jewelry stolen”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Booked the hotel last minute as we decided to head to Rio for the end of our World Cup trip. Check in was easy and the front desk were helpful with getting us a room quickly in a full hotel. The rooms look like college dorms. Moderately clean. The bathroom was filthy. Sheets were like paper. The mattresses were as hard as concrete blocks. The A/C was loud and made me sick. The location was okay as it's a few blocks from the beach. The morning I checked out I realized a gold necklace I purchased in Brazil was missing. I had been keeping it in the safes of all hotels I had been in but recalled I left it on the dresser night before. I told hotel staff. They came up with the house keeper and helped me look. Nowhere to be found.... It was the only thing missing and only thing of any value not in the safe. Draw your own conclusions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jenna H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Landed in Rio on a business trip during the World Cup and was let down by my booking agents who were supposed to have booked me a room here but turns out they did not. I was lucky there was a room available when I arrived but I have to stay the staff on the reception were very cold and unwelcoming.

Nevertheless, I paid for my room (for 1 night!) and off I went to the 3rd floor. The room was adequate for one night to be honest. Air con was pretty noisy so I had to turn this off while I slept.

Woke up early due to jet lag and decided to go for a run on the famous Copacabana which was a 5-10 minute walk away and easy to find. On my return I decided to check out the gym on the top floor which which was pretty small and standard but the views as the sun was coming up was incredible and you get a distant view of Christ The Redeemer.

Back down for breakfast which I thought was quite average but did the job all the same...

Wifi was very poor and only free for a short time also.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Premier for two nights during the world cup. I tend to agree with the other reviews that the hotel is very antiquated, however it was still clean - no frills but a decent hotel to stay at. Unlike the other reviews, I found the staff to be very helpful and kind - especially Marcelo. Granted this was World Cup time, I knew I would be paying higher prices and may have to compromise the quality of hotel but Premier was still a good choice for this occasion. When I go back to Rio however, I will most likely stay in another hotel when it's not a peak time like the World Cup. Note - the wireless is horrible and you have you have to pay for it. The breakfast was simple - very average/poor.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

To the owner: we really don't understand how can you keep the receptionist (old, white hair) in your staff... He is the most unwelcoming person to a very nice hotel... He completely ruined our stay with his attitude, we felt completely disrespected. He does not understand anything about online booking, very slow, aggressive and disrespectful.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank arizazealuis

Travelers are raving about these Rio de Janeiro hotels

London
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently spent 4 nights at this hotel for business trip to Rio , I felt the hotel was a little dated but the staff made up for it , Cesar the front desk manager was great and very very helpful and really made my stay . One word of warning is the Wireless is very poor and you will not be able to connect in your room , however the business center is great and I cool and peaceful .
Location is great and surrounded by great restaurants and 10 mins walk from the beach ..
In General a good standard business hotel no frills good value .

Room Tip: Ask for room facing the back of the hotel !!!! not a sound
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank coolboy1
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here for two nights last week. Got to hotel around noon and was able to check in right away. The staff seemed nice and pleasant to deal with. The location is great, not on the beach, but only a few blocks away, never went to the water since I live on Miami Beach, so no need to. The metro station is across the street so it was easy to go to Ipanema and to downtown.

The breakfast was ok, just wish they had more choices.

There were only two issues, one was the internet, which was mostly non-existent and they other was the mattress, hard as a rock! I'm used to Hilton family hotels, where the bedding is just perfect!

other than that, I would recommend this hotel for a short stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ilove305
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days and the people on front desk couldnt be worst. They are lazy and complitely unhappy with the idea of working. They are rude, the hotel is not clean and copacabana smells. If you are coming to rio, stay at ipanema/leblon area.

• Stayed April 2014