This hotel is VERY overpriced. Looks like their last renovation was in 1970. Everything is in very bad condition.
Aircondition was not working very good. Sound isolation not very good. Rooftop pool was very small and not clean. Staff went inside our room even though we had do not disturb sign on.
The area is very boring. There is nothing to do in this area. Only ripoff bars and not many restaurants. I would not reccomend Copacaban/Ipanema area. Better to live in the center or on the outskirts of Rio!
Staff was not very friendly or helpful. I did not see one person smile even once.
Oh yes i did see it once, when they ordered a taxi for me which was a RIP OFF!! They guys in reception said something to each other on Portuguese and laughed.
They told me it was safer and cheaper if they ordered the taxi, rather taking one of the street. In real life they just hijacked a taxi from the street, the taxi was at a fixed overprice and the driver and the reception staff split the overprice 50/50. I saw the money exchange with my own eyes!! I now what should have been the price on the meter and the money the staff got was precise 50% of the overprice.
I travel a lot (around 3 months a year). This hotel is very bad value for money and i would not recommend it for anybody!
I saw other hotels in the same area, much better quality for the same price. But in the end of the day, i would recommend to get a room in the city center or Santa Teresa instead. Much better quality for cheaper prices!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel has elegant suites and a great location just over a quarter mile from Copacabana Beach. The panoramic rooftop pool offers views of the iconic Christ the Redeemer Statue, 2 miles away.Rooms at Premier Copacabana Hotel have light cream colors and chocolate brown furniture. All come with LCD and cable TV, air conditioning and free Wi-Fi.Guests can enjoy a delicious caipirinha from the bar, while relaxing in the atrium, designed by Burle Marx. The restaurant serves international cuisine and a daily breakfast with croissants and eggs.Hotel Premier Copacabana is next to Siqueira Campos Metro station and is 2 blocks from Rio de Janeiro bus terminal. Parking is available for small cars. The staff speaks English and German. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Hotel Premier Copacabana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Copacabana Hotel
- Premier Copacabana Rio De Janeiro
- Hotel Premier Copacabana Rio De Janeiro, Brazil