We stayed at Orla Copacabana for the last two nights of our stay in Brazil. Its a shame that we could not afford more, because it was really great. We splurged for the room with an ocean view, and I must say that being right on the beach, it was perfect. In fact, I think I would have been pretty upset if we paid all of that money and didn't have a room with a view. The hotel is expensive in general because of the location (on the beach in Rio!) and I don't recall the room prices (view vs. no view) having THAT big of a difference. It was a formal-style hotel with an available front desk, but is very much a hotel. We usually do the B&B thing, so it was a change of pace from that. There were actually lots of business people that you would see in the morning at breakfast or coming back after a long day's work, which I found interesting for a beach front hotel, but it made no difference to us. Breakfast was included and good- not the most amazing but certainly not bad either. The room was clean and far more impressive than many of the pictures I saw of dozens of hotels when I was researching where to stay (they all looked so outdated, old, and ugly). We were very, very comfortable, but honestly, we were not in the room to do much more than sleep- you are in RIO! The bellhop connected us to an awesome driver who took us around to see the sights, dinner, dancing, etc., and on our last day, to the airport. He was our age, personable, reliable, knowledgable, helpful, and made great recommendations. Though he did not work for the hotel directly, he was a part of a group of divers that seems to partner with the hotel, so I found it worth mentioning. Overall, it was a great short stay, despite the insane prices you will find everywhere in Rio, especially beachfront. A great treat if you can swing it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orla Copacabana Hotel is just off famous Copacabana beach, a half-mile from Ipanema Beach and downtown Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Highlights at include hotel-wide complimentary WiFi Internet access, a rooftop swimming pool, poolside bar, and fitness center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Orla Copacabana Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Orla Copacabana
- Orla Copacabana Rio De Janeiro
- Orla Copacabana Hotel Rio De Janeiro, Brazil