“DONT STAY HERE”

Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon
Ranked #97 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The roof leaked all over the room getting everything wet
The faucets were broken and constantly leaking
I booked 4 rooms for 5 nights with beachfront view and all rooms had to be changed
The experience was terrible for the guests who left horrified
Avoid this hotel as service and maintenance are lacking

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Hoteis_Marina_BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent stay in Rio. Following your comments posted on Trip Advisor, we are very sorry that you did not had great sensations staying at Marina Palace.
To be sure that we acted on maintenance follow up, I kindly ask you to please contact me via email at g.relations@bhg.net informing us the apartment you stayed in and your check in and check out days, to verify the incident internally and make sure this shall not happen again to any other guest.
I would like to inform you also that we have a new management team investing to start 20 million reais, especially in infrastructure and also in services. By that I mean that we will improve those maintenance details.
Please, get in touch with me so I can also take personal care of your next stay with us and of your special requests, conceed you an upgrade and provide VIP services. It will be my pleasure to assist you and have another chance to win your trust.

Raquel Gulin - Guest Relations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,295)

Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel barely makes it into the average category. The good news is that is it clean and in a good location. The bad news is that everything else was just so, so. The rooms need serious updating, the beach did not have chairs, umbrellas or towels available either day I went. My bathroom sink doesn't drain and they didn't clean my room until 4:30 pm. The "pool" on the roof is more like hot tub size but it is a nice view. You just have to hope that no one else wants to be up there as there are only about 4 chairs.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Hoteis_Marina_BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. All the points brought up are extremely relevant for us since we have a new management team since Januray 2014. Along with that, I would like to inform you that only in the beginning, this new team is investing 20 million reais, and much more later on.

I would like to invite yout o stay with us again so you would have the chance to meet every improvement we are working on and we would have the chance to exceed your expectations. Please, feel free to contact me by your next stay at g.relations@bhg.net so I can take personal care of your special requests such as cleaning hours preferences.

I assure you that we take your comments with all the seriousness and already acting on several points brought up in your feedback. I hope to see you soon rather than later.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Great location, we could walk to most of the places or get on bus just outside. Amazing staff was able to give a hand on everything we needed. The room was great. The pool view is breathtaking. Some minor details to be updated in future refurbishments.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Hoteis_Marina_BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Mr Lobo,

It is so great to hear back from you! Thank you so much for your great comments regarding the recent stay with us at Hotel Marina Palace. It is fantastic to hear how excellent you found our services. I take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay at our hotel.
Also, I have the pleasure to inform you that we have a new managemet team and we will suffer renovations in a near future. So, I will be looking forward to hearing your impressions again but also about the renovated interiors.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Rio de Janeiro is my favorite city on the planet and The Marina Palace is a beautiful property on one of the most happening beaches in the world(Leblon). I highly recommend a stay there if you are thinking of visiting Rio!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sending your comments. It is amazing to know that you've got a wonderful time with us. We are also very enthusiastic about our location, a few steps from the best area at Leblon beach and to a great selection of shops, restaurants and also close to the favelas, where you can experience the different side of Brazil.

Hope to see you soon at Marina Palace.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Excelent location. As for the hotel i expected more. The Acv hasnt worked for the last two day at its fullest potential. Havent slept well in the last two days. Just arrimed at 3 pm And room hasnt been cleaned. The reservation said 38 reales for breakfast, it ended up 44 reales. Lobby recepcionists: Rodrigo, tannia And anotaré young man where very nice. Once good thing theres free wifi.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Natalia,

Thank you for taking your time to sending us your feedback about your recent stay. . I take this opportunity to apologize for the inconveniences that have occurred during your stay at our hotel.
I have the pleasure to inform you that our new management team will invest only at the beginning 15 millions reais on renovations. By that, we will be certainly each day more and more prepared to attend your needs.
I hope you get the pleasure to come again to Marina Palace and enjoy our great new facilities and services and that we get a new chance to exceed your expectations.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Marina Palace for 5 nights over December 2013/January 2014. It was our first time in Rio and we found the location excellent, close to all the nice restaurants/bars worth visiting and away from the tourist-mobbed Copacabana.

The room was on the 24th floor and facing the beach. It was only reasonably appointed, but clean.

Of particular note, was the excellent, informed and friendly service from our concierge,
Douglas. This is vital to us when we choose to travel to a new city and the mark of a good hotel.

The breakfast room was busy, but the service and quality of items on offer, good. Less impressive, were the gym facilities, which really do stretch the term 'gym'.

We would readily recommend this hotel to friends and family, mainly by virtue of Douglas - a first class concierge!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Raj,

We would like to thank you very much for posting your comments. We are very satisfied to know about your remarkable stay. Leblon is really the most charming district in Rio!
Your compliments were forward to the team and also to Douglas, who were glad to hear them.
Also I have the please to inform you that we have a new management team since January 2014, and the hotel will suffer renovations and a near future, improving our appereance in the rooms and also facilities at the gym.

We hope to see you again at Marina Palace and it will be a pleasure to assist you.

Raquel Gulin

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I stayed at the marina Palace in December 2013 for a few days for a short family holiday in Rio. The hotel is beatifully clean, and the standard of service at the front desk was excellent. The staff, despite being very busy, always had time to help - even with non hotel related issues. When the hairdryer didn´t work and a bulb in the room lamp wasn´t working, the response from housekeeping was the housekeeper and maintainance man at my room within 5 minutes. The general rooms are clean, safe, and simply furnished. The views across the beaches and looking inland give you a great almost all round view. The position of the hotel at the end of the strip at Le Blon is away from the concentrated tourism of Copacabana and Ipanema. And the blocks to the rear of the hotel have some lovely restaurants in this mainly residential area - and it shows that Le Blon is the most expensive area in Brasil to live. Hotel bar which is actually on a veranda to the side is adequate for a drink and snack, friendly and safe. Breakfast in the restaurant was extensive with lots of choice, and helpful staff. Would I stat there again? YES. Easy to call a taxi and the door staff are all round helpful. But this hotel is out at Le Blon and it is some way out to get into the centre and shopping areas, although taxis were easy to call and reasonable in price. Hotel was quiet, despite being on the main strip. Black out curtains in the rooms and air con.

Room Tip: I had a corner room on the 15th floor which gave a view across Copacabana and Ipanema, but also to t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am extremely happy by your wonderful review regarding the recent stay with us at Marina
Palace.
Your compliments were transmitted to the team, who were delighted to hear. We are also very enthusiastic about our location, a few steps from the best area at Leblon beach and to a great selection of shops, restaurants and also close to the favelas, where you can experience the different side of Brazil.
Thank you one more time for the compliments, we make constant efforts to improve our services and provide the best assistance to our guest and clients.

I hope to see you again soon rather than later.