The hotel itself is located right on Leblon beach. You walk over the street and you are right there. The beach itself is great, as well as Ipanema beach, you have fantastic views at sunset, better than Copacabana in my opinion. Way more scenic.
We were not very happy with our room. We had a standard executive room for three adults reserved and got a tiny room with one double bed. The third bed was squeezed in only after we pointed out that a third person will join us the next day.
We were very surprised at this because the standard executive room was supposed to be a bigger room plus if one reserves ( and pays!) for a room for three adults I expect that, and not a room in which just a third bed will be added.
For three adults we only had one lamp on the night stand and ended up taking the double bed apart to put the lamp in the middle so at least two people could profit from the light. This was the best we could do for the circumstances but was not understood by two room maids who kept on pushing the beds back together, even though it was explained in portogese to them by the manager.
We asked for another room or a bigger room and were brushed off.
In the end we had three single beds together so close that I felt like living in a dormitory. The room was so small it was impossible to open up the suitcases on the floor.
The furniture and the bathroom was very simple, not at all as nice looking as on the website.
I am not sure why the hotel calls itself "palace" because it was not very modern or fancy instead rather old and dated.
Also the hotel pool was very very small. I guess whoever took the hotel pictures knows how a wide angle lens can make indoor spaces look bigger and it sells better.
The hotel did not have a concierge but the staff at the front desk tried to help.
The best thing about the hotel was the location. Leblon is very safe to walk around at day and night time plus the beach is great.
The downside is it is a bit far away from the city but public busses go often and are dirt cheap, like 2.75$ or so.
Also we chose not to have breakfast at the hotel since it seemed kind of steep to us. We preferred a local bakery which was about 10 minutes walk away and ate there every day for less than half of the buffet price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the pleasure of staying in Rio de Janeiro's most charming neighborhood, right in front of Leblon Beach. Relax in cozy apartments and suites that are stylishly decorated and offer a breathtaking ocean view. Enjoy a menu of services designed to meet all your needs and savor exclusive cuisine. If there is anything else you need, we will be happy to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Marina Palace Hotel
- Marina Palace Rio De Janeiro