“short stay - great location”

Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon
Ranked #92 of 281 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Zurich, Switzerland
“short stay - great location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

i had a shor business-trip, but i enjoyed to stay in front of the beach.
Very gentle employees, great breakfast-buffet..
The rooms are spacious ad clean, nice view on the ocean
the elevator is a bit slow.. if you are in an upper-floor you need a bit of patience..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Hoteis_Marina_BR, Guest Relations at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Dear Guets,

First of all, I would like to apologize for the late reply.

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words following your stay with us at Marina Palace Hotel. I was so happy that you enjoyed the service and facilities we provided you with. It was our pleasure to assist you and we do hope that you will be able to come back and stay with us again in the near future.

Diego Queiroz - Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Marysville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed one night. The place was clean and the staff was helpful. My reservation was messed up so I could only stay one night. The desk staff called about eight other hotels to get me set up. The shower pressure here was amazing. The lobby bar was kind of sterile but the staff was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hoteis_Marina_BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are glad to hear that you find our staff helpful and nice.
Best regards,
Addis Ababa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Marina's location is excellent. Leblon beach is just in a walking distance. If you walk a couple of blocks down, you find the beautiful Leblon shopping mall. The overall service quality is very good. The downside is the waiters, except the receptionists, don't speak English. Which makes ordering food a little bit problematic.

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your review. We also would like to apologize if you had any problems ordering food at our restaurant. We are working to enhance our English speaking staff.
Looking forward to welcome you again, please, receive our warmest regards.
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

very good location, right on the leblon beach and great access to shopping leblon and night life. Gym and spa were bonus elements! the waiters and attendants dont speak any english and that may be a dampener at times

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. We are glad to know that you had a great stay with us.
Hopefully, we will welcome you again at our property.
Cordially,
New York City, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently stayed at Marina Palace in Rio de Janeiro from March 4 through March 8. As a frequent traveller to Brazil, I was able to overlook the poor quality of the hotel (e.g. toilet continuously leaked and flooded bathroom, drawers fell out of dresser on day one, floors looked like they had not been cleaned in decades).

But hotel reception accepted a package on my behalf and mysteriously it never turned up despite a description of person it was left with.

I am very disappointed that a valuable package was stolen by hotel personnel and in the intervening weeks they wont even return my call or make an effort to rectify this.

Stay away!! Plenty of other hotels in Rio may be similarly equipped but at least you will not have to deal with employee theft.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hoteis_Marina_BR, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Sir,

We would like to apoligize for the misunderstanding about the package that was left the day you checked out. We hope you have received it correctly.

Hopefully we will be the chance to welcome you again.
Cordially,
Cascais, Portugal
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

Beeing a frequent traveler and working for several years in Tourism, I've stayed in many Hotels and saw many things around the world, but none compares to this...
I was in Rio working on an event until the 12th, day that I've check-out from my "work" Hotel - JW Marriott in Copacabana and although I don't like the neighborhood, I must admit that it was excellent comparing to Brazilian standards.
So, I've checked out and as I had some days left for relaxing in RJ, I've booked a double room for me and my husband at the Marina Palace Hotel, since I like Leblon/ Ipanema a lot and also the best beach is across the road.
I've paid a night rate of around 250€ night with breakfast included. It is not cheap, but they've claimed 5 star service (which as from my work experience I can tell you that it is around 3+ European standards), and in Brazil you don't want to play with luck :-)
To keep it short and simple: my credit card was cloned upon check in and money was withdrawn in São Paulo (I've only used this card only for that and nothing else in RJ) - this card was the whole time in the safe); upon flushing the toilet, bathroom and room were flooded with toilet water (nice!) and despite telling housekeeping to clean it properly - like washing and soaking the whole floor - maybe for hygiene reasons???? - the maid just swept the floor... after I told her in good Portuguese to clean it...I went downstairs and complained at the Reception and no one did nothing - they just don't care!
I work for 20 years in Tourism and I've never saw such a lack of respect and service as in this dreary Hotel. Just stay away if you don't want to be robbed and cheated like I was!
When in Brazil, always stay in Intl. Hotel chains - at least there you know the standards...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Mschlaipfer
Hoteis_Marina_BR, Guest Relations at Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon, responded to this review, April 8, 2015

First of all, I would like to apologize for the late reply.

Thank you for taking the time of sharing your previous experience at Marina Palace.
I sincerely apologize for every inconvenience you have mentioned in your review. I assure you that we take your comments with all the seriousness and already acting on several points brought up in your feedback. I am always available for you, should you be interested in providing us any further information, which is of great help in order to meet different expectations and eliminate imperfections in our services.
We all look forward to welcome you back and provide you another Marina Palace experience.

Dakar, Senegal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Was there for a congress. We have privatise the hotel for all the guest...and guess what: "they don't care", you're like a wallet or a credit card in front of the desk?! Amazing.
Clean generally speaking, very great location indeed in front of the sea side Leblon. Ipanema and Copacabana is at walking distance and you have a lot of "expensive" restaurant around. Same withthe mall center. You're in the secure high class area and not really living the Rio life! No samba around...
At 2h of the airport with the traffic jam! So think of it when you're thinking Rio...distance can become a nightmare.
For leisure and sea, it's in your budget, you can go...
The swiming pool is just for fun :-) no space in that aerea, and it's on the roof with the gym that's get 3 main equipment. Anyway you better go for a walk on the sea in front of the hotel or play volley, soccer there.
One good thing for me: a lot of fruit for the breakfast :-)

Room Tip: Ask for none smoking room and without carpet, it's seems that they are the one renovated!

First of all, I would like to apologize for the late reply.

Many thanks for taking the opportunity to share your review of your stay at Marina Palace Hotel. I am hugely concerned and disappointed that you did not have the overall experience of our hotel that we are proud to provide the many guests who choose to stay with us, our team is exceptionally warm and informative and because of that we are going to watch ourselves closely in order to avoid imperfections.
We are now under renovation and I really hope that you will consider trying again as I am very confident that we can provide you with the same experience and level of comfort that a majority of our guests are very willing to attest to.