The Marina Palace is located several blocks into Leblon, a beautiful, upscale neighborhood with lots of great bars, restaurants and shopping. The beach is literally across the street. Ipanema is just a 10 minute walk away.
The room was fairly standard, beds comfortable.
We paid almost $300/night for Ocean View, which, looking back, was not worth it. Next time I'll pay $200 for a normal room.
Also, I couldn't believe the wireless wasn't free for a $300/night room!
The concierges were very friendly, though not always helpful (i.e. we were told that Parque Lage was a 15 minute walk from the hotel; it was more like 35 minutes).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the pleasure of staying in Rio de Janeiro's most charming neighborhood, right in front of Leblon Beach. Relax in cozy apartments and suites that are stylishly decorated and offer a breathtaking ocean view. Enjoy a menu of services designed to meet all your needs and savor exclusive cuisine. If there is anything else you need, we will be happy to assist you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina Palace Rio Leblon Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
- Marina Palace Hotel
- Marina Palace Rio De Janeiro