“Nice hotel”
Review of Mar Ipanema Hotel

Mar Ipanema Hotel
Ranked #83 of 283 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We were at this hotel for only one night. It was a nice hotel, friendly people. Breakfast was good. The room was a bit small, but that is almost unavoidable in Rio. The only negative thing was the airco, which was quite noisy. The location is great, close to the beach in very nice shopping street.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank LdPagt

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us, and sharing your feedback! I am sorry that you could only spend one night with us, but I am glad to hear you enjoyed our superb location. We would love to host you next time you come to Brazil!
Concerning the air conditioner equipment, would you mind telling us the room you stayed at so that I can ask maintenance to check it? Since all of our air conditioners are split, and the compressors are not inside the rooms, they should not be noisy at all.

Again, thank you very much for your review, and we hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Mar Ipanema Hotel

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Very good hotel only 2 blocks from the stunning Ipanema Beach, nice sized, clean rooms and good showers. Breakfast was in the neighbouring Devazza restaurant and was good.

One complaint is that as we didnt have a flight until later that day they had no spare room to shower or change in, we had to make do with the restaurnt toilets. The late check out fees are quite steep!

Make sure to vitit the 'Market' Restuarnt in the same block - its brilliant

But overall I would stay again!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DragoniaUK

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us, and sharing your nice review! We are so happy that you were able to take advantage of our awesome location in the heart of Ipanema, and enjoy our restaurant Armazém Devassa!

I truly apologize for not having a vacant room to offer you to change before your flight. Since our hotel has really high rates of occupancy, we do charge half a daily rate for guests wishing to stay longer with their rooms, which is standard practice for any property around the world.

We really appreciate your business, and hope to see you again for many more visits in the future.

PS: I really like Market restaurant as well! Good tip!

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I absolutely enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It was in the perfect location and the staff were wonderful in every way imaginable. They spoke excellent English, provided good advice regarding places to go and see and provided good safety tips. I can't imagine a better staff. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo

Dear guest,

I'm so very proud of our team for delivering such a high level of service to you. I look forward to sharing your compliments with our staff.
The fact that you had an incredible time makes all of us here at Mar Ipanema Hotel very proud!
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to see you again for many return visits in the future!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Good location and restaurant attached below is good. Only annoying thing is the traffic noise. The higher up/floor the better.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 30simon

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay at Mar Ipanema Hotel! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our prime location as well as our very popular restaurant, Armazém Devassa!
Since we are located a very lively neighborhood, noise could be an issue to some sensitive guests.

Again, thank you so much for your comments and he hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes,

Reviewed June 19, 2012

I have read a lot of Very Good reviews about this hotel that is why I chose this place to stay when we went to Rio de Janeiro last month. The hotel is very clean but the basic amenities are not there like a box tissue paper in the room all they have is a roll of toilet paper in the toilet. Also they do not have a ball pen only pencil in the room I'm really surprised why they did not put these little things in the room. I'm sure it will not cost them a lot of money to include them in the room. The program in the TV are all in Portuguese and there is no English channel for news like CNN or BBC the only English channel is Bloomberg which is all about the business or stocks. Since their clients are people around the world it would be nice to have an English program added to their TV program.. Even the newspaper in the lobby are all in Portuguese,
I sit in the lobby and see a lot of newspaper but no English newspaper at all.
The best part of this hotel is the breakfast, it is Excellent. I have stayed in different hotels in United States of America and in Europe with the same package,. But the best of all is the breakfast of Mar Ipanema Hotel. Also the location of the Hotel is very good it is in the center of Ipanema area and very near the beach.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tinamaria53

Dear guest,

First of all thank you so much for choosing Mar Ipanema Hotel to stay during your recent trip to Rio de Janeiro! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed our delicious brazilian breakfast at Armazém Devassa. Also, I am glad that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Ipanema, very close to the beach!

Concerning the comments you made about the ammenities offered in the room, I would like to inform that I have passed your suggestions to our general manager. Also, thank you very much for your feedback about the television channels. Regarding this matter, I am glad to inform that we have upgraded our TV programming and we are now offering CNN and BBC channels.

About the newspaper at the lobby, unfortunately we cannot find international newspapers in Rio to offer to our guests. However, since we offer free wireless connection, I believe that they can read it online in the comfort of their rooms.

Your feedback is very important to us!

Thanks again and I hope you can visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We had been advised to stay in Ipanema instead of Copacabana and agree. The hotel is in a great location - Visconde Piraja has good shopping, 2 blocks from the beach, great choice of restaurants and juice bars, and local bus stops to all destinations right outside the door.

Staff are both very helpful and friendly. We made an error with our booking dates but were accommodated despite it being a particularly busy period, and had related account issues handled efficiently.

Hotels in Rio are expensive, costing more than the equivalent in Australia and Europe. Standard rooms are small but next level of rooms are spacious with great ensuites. The inclusive breakfast is generous with a good variety catering for different nationalities.

One detraction is that the external air conditioning units are noisy but seems to be a common problem in South America.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great review! We are so pleased that you had an enjoyable time at our hotel and got to take advantage of our awesome location, and all of our amenities, especially the always delicious Armazém Devassa!

We are very pleased to read your outstanding praise about our staff. All of us take great pride in providing only the best service, and making sure our guests are well taken-care-of!

About the air conditioners, we do not have external units at our hotel. All of our air conditioner equipments are split, which is the most silent equipment available in the market. Since I understand you were on a South America trip, do you think you might have confused with another hotel you stayed at?

Thank you for choosing to stay at Mar Ipanema Hotel, and we look forward to seeing you both again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I visited Brazil in March. We did 5 nights in Rio- 4 in Ipanema and 1 in Copacabana. Mar Ipanema was recommended by a friend so we booked. It wasn't a 5 star hotel by any means, but the rooms were clean and comfortable. The best thing was location- 2 blocks off Ipanema Beach and on one of the main streets in Ipanema. We stayed at a nicer hotel in copa called arena hotel- we payed a lot more for the same quality. Ipanema as an area was nicer too. Overall we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us, and sharing your comments! We are so happy that you got to take advantage of our awesome location here in the middle of Ipanema!
Ipanema is indeed the trendiest and the most sophisticated area in Rio! I am glad you enjoyed our very cool neighborhood!
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay! Your feedback helps many guests coming to the city to decide where to stay!
I hope you can stay with us again soon!