Message from TripAdvisor:
TripAdvisor has grounds to investigate that individuals or entities associated with or having an interest in this property may have attempted to interfere with traveler reviews and/or the Popularity Index for this property. Please take this into consideration when researching your travel plans. We make our best efforts to identify suspicious content and are always working to improve the processes we use to assess traveler reviews.

“Golden Tulip + beach + world cup= perfect match” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana

Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana
Ranked #96 of 269 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Quito, Ecuador
“Golden Tulip + beach + world cup= perfect match”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had the opportunity to visit Rio de Janeiro for the first time during the World Cup. Needless to say that the whole ambiance in Rio was amazing. Staying in Golden Tulip was a perfect choice. The location: being in Copacabana and having access to the beach just crossing the street is priceless. The rooms were basic but spacious ( we had two twin beds) and the bathroom had a good shower and it was very comfortable.Modern, nice and clean. The only complain i have is that the matresses were a little bit hard but manageable after so many nights there. One of the best things was the buffet breakfast. Lots of choices, healthy tasty. After seeing other hotels in Rio where friends were staying I had a lot of appreciation for the hotel I was staying in. The staff was friendly but not overfriendly maybe because we were so many staying that I did not feel they pay too much attention.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Dear Mrs. Claudine,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Tulip Regente Copacabana, to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Your feedback is very important for us. Thanks for your comments about our hotel.

Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Hebrew first
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Exactly in front of Copacabana beach, it's simply great for enjoying Rio de Janeiro to the fullest.
Easy access to entertainment and to the street fair at night.
Being there during the World Cup simply added extra fun.

Room Tip: If you prefer silent nights (unexpected if going to Rio), ask for a room on the back part of the hot...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 stars
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear Mr. Santos,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our hotel.

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. They were always friendly and very helpful. They had an incredible volume of people during my stay but they still managed to be efficient and friendly. Flavio in particular was excellent. The rooms are a little basic but were always clean. The bar in the lobby and the bar in the pool were very nice (the views from the pool area are really nice). Good service and great places to watch the world cup. I think this hotel is an excellent value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank 415eric216
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Mr. Eric,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. Thanks for your comments about our service
and staff.

Guest Relation
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Because an picture is worth a thousand words, please judge yourself with the images I attach. I will only add a few remarks:

1) Rooms: Tiny, noisy, dirty and with terrible views. And mine was a superior room, I cannot imagine how the standard rooms will be.

2) Cleaning: It simply doesn't exist, they only change the towels of the toilet, arrange the bed a bit and that's it.

3) Laundry: don't ever dare to send anything to the laundry. When it worked, the clothes were like if they were never washed, and when it didn't work I simply got no clothes at all. Yes, they lost my clothes and I even got no money back because when you fill the laundry form you agree that if they loose your stuff they are not responsible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank J4mesSmith
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Mr. Smith,

First of all I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay at Golden Tulip Regente.

We appreciate you brought to our attention the challenges you experienced and you can be certain that we will concentrate our efforts on service improvements. We hope to have this misunderstanding solved the best way possible.

I hope you choose GT Regente for your next stay in town.

Kind Regards,

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I liked the building its beautiful and well kept.
nice room but expected a bathtub
service ok because ordered drinks at the pool and the waiter completely forgot it and so I ended getting drinks about 25 minutes later.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Benny G
Dear Mr. Benny,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Tulip Regente Copacabana, to stay in Rio de Janeiro. Your feedback is very important for us,

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We initially booked this hotel because of its location and the plain fact that it was the world cup and there were no other hotels still available at that time on Copacabana beach - as it turns out, I don't think we could've stayed in a better place.

From start to finish everyone working there was polite, friendly and extremely helpful. We had, it turned out, booked the last room available in the hotel and it was packed. This however did not stop them paying us individual attention. Indeed they even gave us a free upgrade - a suite on the top floor - the views over Copacabana beach were stunning!

The breakfasts were amazing - a huge array of hold and cold food, everything you could wish for, and we enjoyed the views of the beach as we ate.

The staff also looked after our luggage when we travelled to the north of Brazil to watch some footy matches, and then even emailed us to let us know they were still with them and safe a few days later - great service! :)

As we didn't stay in a standard room I can't give an impression of the majority of the rooms, I know they are normally a lot smaller and those looking inward didn't seem to have much light. However, all rooms have comfortable beds with everything you could need.

The location was excellent as it was at the 'quieter' end of the beach, and we felt safe at all times.

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and appreciate all the staff did to help us. Thank you for a lovely stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Britishtraveller2014
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Mr./ Mrs,

Lausanne, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I almost wrote that this is the worst hotel in Rio, but I thought that there must be worse hotels overall.. The thing is that we are in the middle of the world cup and the price for a room in this hotel is probably 6 times more than the actual value.
First: do not have cleaning service in the room. I have been missing my jacket since I arrived and no one can tell me where it went. I can't really do anything about it, but at least I can publish this. The staff is kind, but fairly useless. I keep asking for the same thing over and over and it is just not getting done. After 2 nights I still don't have "do not disturb" sign in my room which I requested right upon my arrival.
The view is non-existant, the average rooms mostly look on the inside to the other buildings, so you can't really have your window open, and it is practically almost as there are no windows in the room.
The hotel is very noisy overall, no sound insulation and the air conditioning from the outiside building is so noisy that you might think there are works being done. The fridge in the room is also quite loud.
Also the hotel decided to have the works on the pool for the whole day without informing the guests and at 7.15 pm there are still banging and drilling noises coming from the same floor as I am.
I wouldn't mind if we were paying for the normal price, which would be a standard of a 2* hotel (maybe 3*), and not a price of a super delux hotel.
Good points: location and breakfast.

Room Tip: choose upper floors, bit quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Ana-MarijaG
GoldenTulipRG, Gerente de relações com clientes at Golden Tulip Rio Copacabana, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Mrs. Marija,

I hope you choose GT Regente for your next stay in town.

Kind Regards,