“Great hotel with amazing breakfast”
Review of Ipanema Inn

Ipanema Inn
Ranked #9 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel was my favorite during my trip to Brazil. I loved the buffet breakfast which included many fresh fruits and fruit juices and smoothies. The room was modern and comfortable. The location is excellent -- only 1 block from Ipanema beach. When you go to the beach the staff even loans you a beach umbrella and beach towel. The service was excellent. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Daniel G, Manager at Ipanema Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear guest,

Your amazing comments made our day!
Thank you so much for your preference - we are delighted to hear how joyful has been your recent stay at the IPANEMA INN, now with renovated modern and comfortable interiors.

Our restaurant team is very happy with the compliments to our daily breakfast, served as a buffet with various fresh options plus a courtesy daily dish, such as omelettes, tapioca (the Brazilian pancake) and waffles.

We look forward to welcoming you back in your next visit to Rio de Janeiro.

My very best wishes,

Daniel Gorin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,520)

Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, great breakky, modern room (it's a bit small but totally fine). Staff were very good. Especially the guy during the morning/day. Comfy bed. Cleaners came at like 5pm as we had slept all day due to carnival. Easy to get a cab. Don't go to Zara restaurant around the corner-very expensive considering the poor quality is food and service.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Daniel G, Manager at Ipanema Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for such enthusiastic review about our hotel, the IPANEMA INN.

We are very happy to know how much you have enjoyed our location, in the very heart of Ipanema, as well as the high level of services and comfortable bed in the room.

We hope to see you back again soon, so you can enjoy the myriad of restaurants and bars in our area.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

The room is simply, small however very clean. I like clean. Kudos to the cleaning staff. I had crumbs on the floor a couple of times from crackers and it was perfectly cleaned up. The air conditioning worked well too. Perfect location, steps from the beach and within walking distance of so many great bars and restaurants. Only a couple negatives. It was loud. The fridge was loud, the air-conditioning was loud and the walls are thin therefore you can hear sometimes but rarely the neighbor, people coming and going in the hall, and right now the work on the renovations. However I had a renovated room which made the stay that much more pleasant. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The breakfast was very good. Overall, you get what you pay for. Would I stay there again? I would probably look for something cheaper, but if I couldn't find something significantly cheaper, I would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Daniel G, Manager at Ipanema Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the positive review posted here.

You compliments to our housekeeping team were transmitted to them, who were very pleased to be able to offer you a pleasant stay in a renovated room. Both the fridge and air conditioning unit in the room you stayed were now better accommodated, so that the room is silent and comfortable.

It is great to hear how much you enjoyed the vast buffet breakfast, with plenty of fresh fruits and juices and other local and seasonal items, including the courtesy daily special dishes served to our guests.

We hope you are back to IPANEMA INN soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Helpful staff, good location (close to Ipanema beach), a pretty good breakfast. A little bit overpriced though, just like almost all other hotels in Rio. At first sight, I was unimpressed by this hotel, I would say even scared. The room seemed small and the linen old. But everything was clean, the AC worked very well, the shower was great, with good water pressure. It looks like this hotel went some kind of renovation recently. Be advised that this hotel, as many others in Rio, doesn't have parking.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Presper D
Daniel G, Manager at Ipanema Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great review regarding your recent stay with us at the IPANEMA INN.

I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed the newly modernised rooms. Your compliments to our staff were transmitted to them, as well as the one for our restaurant and housekeeping teams.

I would like to inform you that we have a partnership with a garage next door, so next time you come by car, please let us know in advance, so we can arrange the discounted parking for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon in Rio de Janeiro.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stay in December. The staff was helpful and they let us check in early. The room was fine, but no clean enough, has dust in the floor and the bed cover had several rips. The worst was that we found a men swimsuit. The room barely has natural light and food smell.

The location was great, a minute from the beach and other fun places in Ipanema. That was very pleasant.

The bathroom has an overhead shower with nice pressure. Fresh towels were given daily. There was wifi but a lot of time the connection fall out. We spend almost all the time sight seen, so it wasn't so much of a problem.

The best of all was the breakfast buffet. It was available until 11am and it was amazing. They have tapioca, omelets (you have to ask for it) delicious fruit and juices, i love it!! Also traditional Brazilian choices were available. The staff was more than helpful and friendly.

I did not find the the price as good compared with other places. I guess the location allow it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Here, we are always enthusiastic about our location, in the very heart of Ipanema, only a few steps from the beach and from the vibrant cultural life of this neighbourhood.

Thank you very much for noting that another guest had left an object. That was immediately returned to them, by our housekeeping service.

I am very happy to hear how much you enjoyed our courtesy breakfast, served as a Brazilian style buffet, with plenty of local and seasonal fresh fruits and juices. It is fantastic to hear how much you have enjoyed the daily dish, prepared as a courtesy, such as tapioca and omelettes.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at IPANEMA INN.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Arriving at the hotel, staff were prompt, friendly and extremely helpful to make sure our stay in Rio was great.They guided us for nearby places to eat, but the Ipanema shopping district is only a short walk away (with Rio police on every corner making sure the area is safe). The beach is also a minute walk and can be seen from the entrance of the hotel and I'd even rate this beach as highly as Copacabana.

At first we were given a twin room (when we had ordered a standard double) but this was soon sorted. The rooms have been recently done-out and you can tell. The room has a safe, air-con, television and the bathroom is brilliant with an overhead shower. My partner didn't like the overhead design, but it was always warm, powerful, clean and I couldn't fault it. Fresh towels were given daily and would keep the mini-bar freshly stocked, although I'd recommend buying some water from a shop as the prices were high - $5 for a bottle of water!

WiFi is available with access points on each floor to ensure great connectivity for everyone, although this didn't seem to be the case. The internet connection often seemed to fall-over and the download/upload speeds and user-allowance were limited. I believe you can top-up your free account for more users and higher data, but since we were out exploring Rio most of the time this wasn't a major issue. There's always a PC downstairs in reception with internet and printer access if need be.

Breakfast buffet was available until 11am and it was brilliant. A range of Brazilian-traditional and international choices were available, both warm and cold. Selection of omelets, fruit, bread, cereal, tea, juices and sweets were all on offer and for it to be included in the hotel cost was fantastic. Staff would bring tea and coffee to your table for frequent top-up and once again made sure your day was off to a great start.

I'd definitely recommend the Ipanema Inn to anyone and we would very happily stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David F

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for granting the highest grade to IPANEMA INN here.

Your beautiful compliments were transmitted to the various teams at the hotel, who look forward to welcoming you back to Rio de Janeiro.

I am particularly happy to hear how much you have enjoyed your stay in the Ipanema district, with beautiful and trendy Ipanema beach a few steps away from the hotel, as well as a vibrant cultural life, with plenty of restaurants, theatre, bookstores and bars around us.

It is fantastic to learn how delighted you were by the courtesy buffet breakfast served at the restaurant, with plenty local and seasonal products, as well as daily options such as tapioca, the Brazilian pancake, and omelettes.

Thank you, finally, for recommending our high level of services to guests around the world.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I have been here several times. I do like the hotel. The rooms are basic but clean. The breakfast pretty good and it's in a wonderful location.

As I was leaving the hotel, had been to to the beach and had checked out I was still invited to take a shower in a free room before my flight. Just watch the 'optional' service charge.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank LeedsDylan

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for being a regular guest at the IPANEMA INN.

I am happy to hear how much you enjoy the simple sophistication of our rooms, which were recently refurbished, as much as our location and high level of services.

Hope to welcome you back again throughout the year.

Very best wishes,