“Good but a bit noisy”
Review of Ipanema Inn

Ipanema Inn
Ranked #11 of 286 Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The location is perfect, very close to ipanema beach.
The Hotel staff is very nice, specially the people that takes care of breakfast.
Rooms are not that big and at least mine had a fridge that was a bit noisy. I was also on the second floor so you could ear lot's of noise from the street. Beds are not that comfortable but ok.
Rooms are clean.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor and probably you avoid the street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DiogoRebelo

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your review.

Your compliments to our teams have been passed along, specially the ones to the restaurant.

As you may have noticed, the modernisation of the rooms at IPANEMA INN will soon be finished, when all the amenities will be new. We hope to welcome you back soon, when you will be able to experience our amazing services and locations once again.

Daniel Gorin

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This is a really decent hotel in beautiful Rio. We stayed three nights and found the room very comfortable if a little basic. The hotel is very clean and we enjoyed the breakfasts including the specially prepared omelettes and Brazilian pancakes. The location is amazing - a few paces from the lovely Ipanema Beach and the surrounding area is full of restaurants and shops - we always felt safe there. The best thing about the hotel is its wonderfully friendly staff. The girls serving breakfast were really friendly and helpful and the people at reception were outstanding - providing great guidance on nearby restaurants, tours and directions on how to get to places (like the Botanical Gardens) by Bus. There is building work going on at the moment but it didn't really bother us as we were out during the day trying to see as much of Rio as we could during our far too short stay. We really want to return to see more of Rio and will ceratinly come back to the Ipanema Inn.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank John S

Dear guest,

We are extremely happy with your review regarding the recent stay with us at IPANEMA INN.

We do wish to welcome you back soon, when you will be able to experience an ever larger variety of services. Thank you also for recommending our hotel with such pleasant words.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here in April 2013 and would generally recommend this hotel with some minor concerns.

Good:

- LOCATION! - Just seconds walk from Ipanema Beach. Comfortable, reasonably safe neighbourhood. I never felt uncomfortable or threatened.
- Staff are very nice. The front desk staff were very nice and helpful, spoke good english, and the kitchen staff (also good english) who serve the breakfasts were great.
- The breakfast - love the omlettes, good variety of food available. I was very satisfied with breakfast each morning
- My standard room was very clean, although fairly small.

Bad:
- Construction. I'm glad that they are renovating but being woken up by unbelievably loud hammering and drilling well before 9am is not much fun - as it's not possible to get back to sleep with that noise.
- The air conditioner was also very loud at times
- Elevator regularly opens up not into the lobby but into what seems like a fairly random possibly employee only area behind the check in desk.
- Had ongoing problems with the key for my room - needed to have it fixed 3 or 4 times
- WiFi - maybe I had poor signal in my room but I often couldn't get on the internet at all. There are a couple of computers in the lobby which work well that I never had to wait long for.

Overall generally a good stay. Worth it for the price? Probably. The construction was a big problem for me particularly early in the morning and as a result my room was not a peaceful place to be. Once the renovation is finished I would be happy to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jeff G

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding the recent with stay.

We hope to welcome you back at IPANEMA INN, so you can experience of the new and modernised apartments.

Our teams are very happy with your compliments and look forward to your return.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

First off, the location is amazing. Yes about 2-5 minutes walking and you are at the beautiful beaches of Ipanema. However, the rooms are not great at all. There was no hair blow dryer and they are extremely firm about the 2 pm check in even though they kept telling us otherwise. The wifi is somewhat slow. Breakfast was good but overall, I do not think this place is worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank suziepi3
Daniel G, Manager at Ipanema Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your custom and for taking the time to review your stay here.

I am extremely happy to inform you that the renovation of the apartments at IPANEMA INN is quickly progressing. Soon all the apartments will be fully modernised for an even greater comfort. In the meantime, our reception lends professional hairdryers as a courtesy.

Our restaurant team was very pleased by your compliment to our breakfast and location.
We hope to see you back soon at IPANEMA INN, when you will be able to experience our newly renovated premises.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

For the price that we paid, if only the location counted and it was worth it. Basic, small and clean rooms, window that didn't fully opened, noisy air conditioning, shower that overflow but all in all perfect for us
Breakfast great, towels for beach available at the reception, staff very helpful and friendly and free internet. Perfect for a short holiday!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Crina S
Daniel G, Manager at Ipanema Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your great rate to our hotel.
I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us and I am thankful for the compliments to our breakfast, beach service and courtesy internet.

We hope to see you back at IPANEMA INN soon, so you can experience one of the modernised rooms.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed three nights and based on previous reviews I asked for an upgraded room which we received on the 8th floor. The twin beds are small but functional as was the bathroom. The housekeeping staff were amazing and actually folded our clothes thrown throughout the room and placed spare items in cupboards. The breakfast was excellent and the extended hours from 0630-1100 great when still overcoming jet lag. There is still some renovating going on during the day which can be noisy for those who head out to party and want to sleep in. There is a late night bar down the road called Emporio which is open from midnight until 5am and I understand some rooms may hear the noise but we did not. I joined the bar down the road one night and really enjoyed it with a good mix of foreigners and locals. Great security staff at night and complimentary beach towels and umbrellas are available. I had a great time at this hotel and could not really fault it overall. Recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Nick D

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review regarding your recent stay with us, at IPANEMA INN.

Your superb comments about our housekeeping service were transmitted to this team. I am particularly glad that you noticed how careful our housekeeping service is, as this is due to the training on excellency services recently undergone with our teams.

We hope to welcome you back soon at IPANEMA INN.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

This hotel is perfectly located, meters from Ipanema Beach, and close walk to Coppacabana. The rooms where a bit dated, but I think they are renovating. The bed was a bit small length ways, the air con was a bit noisy. The breakfast here was amazing, lots to choose from and all fairly healthy. The staff were great as well very helpful, I would recommend staying here!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mj_st13
Daniel G, Manager at Ipanema Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your great rate to our services.

We hope you can be back at IPANEMA INN in order to experience the various items we have been adding for an even more comfortable stay.

Your great compliments to the breakfast service, with its various fresh and healthy options as well as your great rating of our services have been passed along to the respective teams.

We hope to see you back soon in IPANEMA INN.