I have stayed in this hotel twice. It is 30 seconds from Ipanema beach - but does not look directly onto it in case you are looking for a beach view. Rooms are comfortable, spacious, clean and have good air con. Breakfast is very nice. I paid a company rate of 490R per night. I think this is pretty good value considering the location near Ipanema beach. The staff are also pretty helpful and friendly. There is no bar or anything like that - the hotel is fairly basic. One thing to bear in mind is the taxes that get added to your bill - pretty heavy but this is independent of the hotel. As the hotel is in Ipanema there are loads of bars and restos in the nearby streets. The road side rooms can be pretty noisy with traffic so be careful if you are a light sleeper. Also it was 100R (fixed price) for the taxi from the airport to the hotel - arranged with a company in the airport. Overall a very pleasant experience and I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IPANEMA INN is a family-run boutique hotel located in the very heart of the iconic Ipanema neighbourhood, in Rio de Janeiro. The hotel is a stone's throw from the beach, on charming Maria Quitéria street, with a myriad of restaurants and bars around the corner and within a district with a buzzing cultural scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ipanema Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ipanema Rio De Janeiro
- Ipanema Inn Rio De Janeiro, Brazil