My wife and I enjoyed a memorable holiday in Rio staying for ten days at this hotel and having read previous tripadvisor reviews we were not disappointed..We arrived early morning after a long flight and paid extra to check in early and have breakfast. Our room on the 9th floor was clean and comfortable and though not as spacious as one would expect in a modern US style motel was more than adequate for the two of us with the bonus of free wi-fi. All the staff from the smart front desk personnel through to the cleaners were courteous and friendly. The buffet-style breakfast with it's extended hours and excellent variety was a pleasant and leisurely experience with attentive staff always available. For us in particular we found Patricia to be especially helpful as she had a very good command of English and our Portuguese was limited to por favor and obrigado! Bell boy Alan was also worthy of a special mention, always friendly and cheerful though as mentioned before all of the staff were a credit to the hotel.Superb location just a short stroll to the beach (towels and parasols available at the front desk) and within a block of the main shopping area. Anyone interested in English football should try The Lord Jim pub on Rua Paul Redfern (10 mins walk). They sometimes have a cover charge e.g. 30 Reals but only 1 Real per pint but you can opt out and pay full price, about 9 Reals if you are just having a couple. We did a day tour of the main sights with Rio Maximo Tours, booked independently, which was excellent and considerably cheaper than one offered through the front desk.
Finally in spite of the horror stories we walked all around the locality (Ipanema and Copacabana) and never once felt threatened. There was a strong visible police presence on both main beaches during the day but.we never witnessed any trouble at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The IPANEMA INN is a family-run boutique hotel located in the very heart of the iconic Ipanema neighbourhood, in Rio de Janeiro. The hotel is a stone's throw from the beach, on charming Maria Quitéria street, with a myriad of restaurants and bars around the corner and within a district with a buzzing cultural scene. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ipanema Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Ipanema Rio De Janeiro
- Ipanema Inn Rio De Janeiro, Brazil