Praia Ipanema Hotel
Belmond Copacabana Palace(Rio de Janeiro)
$569
$546
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Rio Othon Palace Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$113
$109
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Pestana Rio Atlantica(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$106
$77
  • Beachfront
$40
$39
  • Pool
Windsor Barra(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$113
$107
  • Breakfast included
Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$119
$99
$217
$192
  • Pool
Brisa Barra Hotel(Rio de Janeiro)(Great Value!)
$92
$90
  • Breakfast included
Miramar Hotel by Windsor(Rio de Janeiro)
$226
$125
1,698 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat locationtop floorbeach frontchairs and umbrellasbeach servicebreakfast roomsmall poolspoke englishrestaurants and barsstreet noisean amazing viewchrist the redeemersafe areabalconyipanemario
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Ipanema is a smart (though touristy) area, with plenty of good restaurants, bars, and that fabulous beach, so the hotel is very well situated. However, make sure you book a seaview room, at least four or five floors up (and preferably higher). The rooftop pool enjoys good views. On the downside, I'm afraid many visitors may find the hotel a bit on the shabby side given the relatively high cost of a double room, and some of the small touches don't really work (for instance, wifi was very slow (I needed to work, alas), and our "welcome" card was addressed to another couple - perhaps they rejected our room!). It sort of feels a bit tired, and wasn't for me. But some people will always want to stay on the beach front of Ipanema, regardless of the very hefty premium that you pay for the privilege. Personally, I'd rather stay in a hotel with more character or better quality, slightly off the main tourist area, and still save money even with regular taxi rides to the beach...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2012

After an amazing travel experience in Argentina and Chile I arrived at this hotel to a cold welcome where I was promptly told my reservation does not exist. As I showed my confirmation, I was dismissed while he tended to someone else who stepped up to the desk after me. I got my travel agent on the phone and as I handed him the phone he puts it down to take another call. Once he finally spoke to her we were sent up to Room 307...this room had not two but three beds and felt very damp and dirty. I sat on the bed to discover it was wet...completely wet with no leak above it. They moved our room to another floor...this room had dirty sheets. The last straw was an attempt to use the safe...to use the safe you incur a daily charge and someone has to come to your room to help you set it...I don't know about you but that doesn't translate to "safe" in my book especially as two girls traveling alone! To wrap things up...we changed hotels and on our way out the rude manager had the nerve to ask us to give them a second chance by showing us an upgraded room...hmm don't you think you would have made that gesture in response to the wet bed?! Bottom line...don't stay here! Go to Caesar park or Fasano.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Rosieo17
Reviewed December 9, 2012

The location is fabulous - right on Ipanema beach - and there is a nice terrace bar with a pool on the top floor. The breakfast is reasonable. The hotel otherwise is a 1-2 star property - poor service, and underinvested in terms of repair. We stayed at La Maison, a boutique hotel 5-10 minutes by taxi from the beach in Gavae, the following weekend. I would recommend that unless you really want the beach location.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sgpontus
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Great location, right on Ipanema beach and great views of beach to front and Christ the Redeemer to the side. Rooms are high traffic and balcony doors need attention, but overall a good spacious room. Breakfast are excellent and a great view too. Some of the front desk staff were a bit grumpy and unhelpful about a late check out.

Room Tip: higher floors better for less road noise
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

So I was very iffy about this hotel because of the reviews with room service & not having an Iron and even with ppl stealing in hotels around here. Thanks to all the staff who showed me different! Me & my bf were flying in from NYC with disgusting delays ended up reaching soo late in the night ..they were understanding & helped us to the most extent possible. With the language barrier...booking tours..needing any assistance they were willing to help me & my bf. the views & the rooftop pool is mind blowing esp at sunset! The food was great! Safe worked perfect! Keep in mind the outlet is only for Brazil..you will need an adapter! One of the elevators were out of service..the breakfast was great! Beach across was a top off..Shopping in Ipanema was so expensive..i think Santa clara was the best! Shops & restaurants are all around the area. Very safe during day..take a cab in the night just to be safe. Overall i enjoyed this place so much..here is the let down..going back home is when Hurricane Sandy hit NY. We were stuck in Rio for an additional 4 days which meant an additional moneys worth of stay! Unfortunately, we had to downgrade to a hotel in Copacabana. The staff all empathized with us but understood our situation! Thanks Praia Ipanema, i will def return to you when I come back to Brazil!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012